JLT#3 V Geelong, Bendigo: "The Reveal"

Noticeable also that our lads are not as solid/heavy as a general rule.

Paddy and Joel took control. Looked like our fitness isnt up to scratch

We got absolutely wrecked in the ruck, and Geelong have one of the weakest ruck divisions in the league. Pray for Leuenberger.

Lav left ankle strapped but not iced.

1 Like

So McK for Round 1 then. At least heā€™s in good form!

I love how teams like Geelong and Hawthorn get away with blue murder every game in terms of throws and dropping the ball.

Honestly, the umpiring had nothing to do with our second half, donā€™t downplay how fkg ā– ā– ā– ā–  we were

5 Likes

My biggest concern is fitness. We have been outrun in the second half in all 3. Games. Not good enough.

5 Likes

Yeahā€¦
Butā€¦
We obviously rested our players after half time.
Orā€¦
We didnā€™t want to show the opposition too much of our tactics in JLT.
Orā€¦
The coaches just instructed our players to have fun.
Orā€¦
Our players are saga affected.
Orā€¦
[insert any other excuse here]

3 Likes

Ran out of legs which sucks but I guess this is to be expected with so many boys suffering from lack of match conditioning.
Daniher ran out of gas to the point that I thought he was subbed off in the second half. But at least he looks to have some form heading into the season.
Great hit outs for blokes like Jobe, Hep, Trav and Hurls. Will run out games a lot easier in a months time.

As much as being run over every pre season game sucks, it just points out that we have to be patient. Itā€™s not going to click for a few games.

Back half of the season will be our chance baring injury.

Wasnā€™t talking about the girl. She didnā€™t call much but she wasnā€™t the one over ruling.

jobe barely in the guts last quarter

Yep but the free kick count somehow always belies the bias. Today 20-15 our way.

Looks like fitness may be an issue with so many returning players

concerning. 2nd half we run out of legs.

Iā€™m not sure you can blame fitness 1 minute into the 3rd quarter?

5 Likes

This. The cats kicked about 4 in 5 minutes. But letā€™s blame the umpires and fitness. Fmd

3 Likes

Hmm. Looking at watching the match tonight. Might just watch the first half and pretend it finished there.

1 Like

So, some things never change, like any Essendon opponent never being held to account by the umpires for incorrect disposal or holding the ball unless it is blatantly obvious and they know they couldnā€™t get away with a non call on review.

Baguley looks like a shadow of the player he was 2 years ago. I donā€™t even think he is best 22 any more.

Begley had a shocker second up, donā€™t know what to make of that, whether it was no-one looking for him when we were on top, then no-one being able to get the ball in the second half. Ball just never seemed to go near where he was.

Not sure about the result, obviously not happy we threw away a big lead, but thought in the 2nd half that we looked like Geelong in the first, only running at about 70%. Was Worsfold experimenting in the second half or did we simply let Geelong run over the top of us? We played some very good football and some very poor football, we just need to hold fire until round one when we stop not caring.

Despite losing all 3 preseason games - I havenā€™t gone into a season more confident than this year.

3 Likes