JLT#3 V Geelong, Bendigo: "The Reveal"

Tippa great game. Glad i didnt waste any panic dollars on him. Very smart small forward. Top draw game today.

Begley couldnt live up to the hype of previous game.

Baguley fumbled a bit down back.

Stewart was good first half.

Mcgrath didnt do a lot. Barely touched it, or his opposition.

1 Like

Honestly that was so fkn essington I’m not suprised.

1 Like

Couldn’t have a more typical Essendon game.

Simple really. 2nd half smashed in the ruck which meant Danger and Selwood could run amok and their soft front runners go along for the ride. Bring in Hooker and Hartley. Stop putting extras in the backline. ■■■■ I hope that wasn’t woosha’s idea. Thought he was smarter than that. Take the game on. Boy Jobe is slow

Good first half, great intensity, although Geelong where very poor. Completely switch off after half time, exactly like the lapses of old. Then we tried hard but simply ran out of legs. If there was one player we could not afford to get injured it was luey. Smack played very well, but eventually as he tired the Geelong ruck got on top. We are farked for the start of the season now.

Some good signs in that first half though. Tippa was simply divine all game. Parish just keeps on battling on. Collier looks great, and Stew was pretty good in the first half. Zerret tried really hard to lift us in the 2nd half. Bags in struggling a bit, but ■■■■■■ hell he got pushed or in the middle of the back, no free, Geelong goal. Lav was pretty average. Langas is a fwd and a blood good one, is an ok mid but keep in fwd FFS. Hepp really looks 2nd rate to me atm, Jobe was good in patches struggling a bit with fittness. Hurley was good in the first half. Not much he could do in the 2nd when the ball is coming in so fast and often. Harts would have been a better matchup.

I think it may take a while to get into this season, especially now with no ruckman. Would be very surprised if we made the 8. Geelong are a 2 man side, and will struggle to make the 8.

So is Hepp Revie

2 Likes

So many are saying we now have no ruckman. There is this guy Tom Bellchambers.

2 Likes

I thought Zerrett was great. Stewart surprised and looked good. Joe also got more info the play. I liked Tippa and Colyer. I liked Goddards game and Parish.

The negatives for me were Baguley who was just horrible. McGrath Struggled and Hurley did not look right.

I Don’t think it was fitness or anything like that.

Dangerwood decided they wanted to win and we can out with our heads still in the half time break. I think not playing hocking or howlett was a mistake. With one of them you could get them to sit on Danger and curtail him once he decided to take the game on like he did in the third.

I also think playing without Luenberger hurt. A fair chuck of our good play in the first was from him and then McKernan had a good patch whilst the cats re adjusted to winning the taps.

The players I think are on the fringe so far.

• Bags, he appears to have lost something and another game like that he will be out.
  • Kelly has a shocker. I think he gave away a couple of goals and his disposal was poor. Again he is one who will be cut fast for younger players if he doesn’t perform.
  • Begley needs more time in the VFL, will be there for a long while.

Some good.

• Stewart was very good in the first half his work rate seemed to drop in the third qtr.
  • Hepp was is getting his game and touch back, still more to go but a bigger step.
  • McKernan and his ability to impact continues. As a second ruck I think he is great. You could see the size of the other rucks was wearing him down in the end, but he battled on.
  • Colyer, big season ahead for him.
  • Parish, a gun!
  • tippa and Fanta showed just how damaging they will be.

Some just ok.

• Hurley was lacking the attacking part of his game and didn’t appear 100%.
  • McGrath appeared to struggle to get time and space in a more contested game. Another learning step for him.
  • Watsons kicking and decision making was a tad off, his ability to win the footy certainly wasn’t.
  • felt we lacked run off half back, I’d like to see McKenna come in.
4 Likes

That was pathetic cough up a 40 point lead and lose by 22.

It has now happened in all 3 JLT matches unless it changes we will finish bottom 4.

If he was fit, I’d agree.

1 Like

Same here

Although we were up by 40 at half time for some reason I just knew we will lose so in the end I not surprised. I have no confidence in the team to get the job done during the season after dominating for a half.

We were too cute with the footy a couple of times. Resulted in turnovers and then goals. LOL worthy.

If we’d won, media would have pumped us up all week and written off the Hawks. They would have done this all week knowing preseason games are meaningless. I’m glad the “hawks back to the wall” narrative can’t play out.

3 Likes

Shame to fly all this way and just turn around. Bit of a waste of money and time. Unless of course you’re not really following through with it.

He didn’t say he’d fly home before the game.

Of course I’m taking the ■■■■. Fmd. But bags…sheesh

2 Likes

Can’t say the ruck issues, whilst not ideal, were the reason. We were smashed in the ruck in the second quarter too…

I thought you were taking the ■■■■ writing off a player based on a couple of bad practice matches.