JLT v Filth - Review Thread

With the other forward options of Green and Colyer, Tippa would be more valuable creating out of the back half.

We are a good 5 - 6 goal better side than them i concluded from that

Chemistry, effort and just plain rusty was the issue in that 4th. 3 things we should be right at when round 1 hits.

The returning boys got a kick and there were a few nice passages. It’s preseason, wgaf.

Why was Langford not on the ball more? He has trained as a mid all summer and appeared to spend very little time there tonight. In the last especially, with Jobe and Hepp off, you would think he would get a run. It is frustrating watching on TV when you don’t know where everyone is - was Langford on the bench? forward? you can’t tell who is on and who isn’t. Why couldn’t they show at the bottom of the screen who is currently on the bench?

Thought Stewart was better after h/t. Contesting well

Got hammered out of the guts all night which is concerning considering it was against Collingwood B. But it’s a practice match and we looked dangerous at times going forwards. Raz and Green killed it and Stew contested well. Smack very good. Two more games to blow out the ring rust and sort best 22.

Just a hunch, but Bird could be more valuable now with extra better players around him.

Doubt we’ll see much of Brown this year.

Myers looked like someone who hasn’t played in many years.

Roll onto the the next game.

Don't know what you're on about smj, Ambrose is ■■■■

I thought Ambrose was good. Kept a mobile tall honest.

I thought HeppD took some time to get into the pace of the game.

Best game I have seen Smack play.

Thought Green looked good and the panic money on Pidgeon was wasted.

Strangely I thought there were a number of defensive issues when I thought that would be the least of our problems.

Stewart needs some time still and I thought Walla looked a little lost.

Don't know what you're on about smj, Ambrose is ■■■■

Lol. Darcey Moore just slayed us.

Offers nothing offensively and I’m not a fan of his decision making re whether he should enter a contest or not.

Happy with how it went more or less.

With Langford more concerned with his footy brain than his lack of disposals.

Chemistry, effort and just plain rusty was the issue in that 4th. 3 things we should be right at when round 1 hits.

That and the fact we pulled all our good players off the ground

I think the players that I already liked were good and the players I already don’t like weren’t very good. I am undecided on the players I was unsure about.

Agree with Peos’ comment on Baguley. I love the guy, and its only JLT, but he looked way way off it. Be interesting to see where he plays Round 1.

My biggest disappointment was Langford.. really expected big things but he just didn't seem to get clean possession or impact the game. Hoped for better to start his third season.
I wasn't disappointed in him. I still see the same things in him. Some flashes, but in general he is hesitant to get into the play and sometimes stays on the outskirts without tackling.

He just doesn’t have the killer instinct, but he’s fit and can get on the park. Laverde has killer instinct but still cannot get on the park consistently enough.

I still think Langdon will be fine, but we need to be patient with him and hope he begins using the added muscle to his advantage.

I don’t even remember the scoreboard. Plenty of positive signs and how good is it to see the returning players smile and get the joy of the game back and from a supporter’s perspective to enjoy a game of footy purely for footy’s sake?

I think the players that I already liked were good and the players I already don't like weren't very good. I am undecided on the players I was unsure about.

McGrath being the exception? He was very impressive. Also Green

Hard to gauge a lot actually.
Our starting side was much better, and it showed.
Take off Watson, Heppell, Luey, Hurley, sprinkle with some maggott dust and wala! Pies win.

Meh.

Was a dupe of our intraclub games, except TIPPA sucked and we had even less talls than usual. Hartley Hurley Joe Hooker, thanks.

The good news is we established two teams are utterly unable to stop our forward pockets!

(Yeah, there were deviations: Langford wasn’t a 100% midfielder, for example.)

If I had never read bomberblitz in my life, I doubt I’d have even considered Kyle Langford as an inside mid.