Jobe getting the Banned back together

Was the Hinkley guarantee before or after they looked at the books and realised they are 500% over their salary cap and have to shed players. Footy Crapified put up a graphic and half the list is on long term deals! I hope this doesn’t leave poor Gus out in the cold. We should take him back if Port can’t. Would be sad if they screw him once by not paying his salary, and then screw him again by not giving him what they promised because they can’t manage their cap

9 #Backin, 1 seeking trade, 1 retired, 1 to be determined.

All down to you Jobey!

9 #Backin, 1 seeking trade, 1 retired, 1 to be determined.

All down to you Jobey!

I’m sure they’re just saving it for an announcement at the Crichton

… oh.

maybe Jobe won’t decide until he knows if he’s keeping his brownlow

maybe Jobe won't decide until he knows if he's keeping his brownlow

Might not be possible if Swiss Court decision doesn’t come down before certain deadlines about list lodgements.

Tayte Pears won’t return to Essendon in 2017 after announcing his retirement to become firefighter

KATE SALEMME, Herald Sun
September 8, 2016 12:38pm

ESSENDON defender Tayte Pears will not return to the club next season after deciding to walk away from football.

Pears, one of 12 current Essendon players banned for their role in the 2012 supplements saga, has announced his retirement after choosing to take up an opportunity to join the Metropolotan Fire Brigade (MFB).

The Herald Sun first reported the injury-plagued defender’s ambitions to become a firefighter in April and he made it official today.

He has been placed on the Order of Merit for the MFB.

In walking away from the Bombers and from the AFL, Pears believes it’s the right time to pursue his passion outside of football.

MEETING: WATSON, WORSFOLD TO MEET IN ‘JUST OVER A WEEK’

Essendon chief executive Xavier Campbell thanks Pears for his service to the club, playing 70 career games in eight injury-plagued seasons.

“We respect Tayte’s decision to call an end to his AFL career, we are incredibly thankful for his contribution both on and off-field at Essendon and wish him all the best for the next chapter of his career,” Campbell said.

“I’d like to thank Tayte for his professionalism and contribution — he will always be welcome at the Essendon Football Club.”

Jobe Watson remains the final player of the current banned Bombers yet to signal his intentions for 2017 but coach John Worsfold remains hopeful the 31-year-old will play on.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/tayte-pears-wont-return-to-essendon-in-2017-after-announcing-his-retirement-to-become-firefighter/news-story/a7fa87f92eecff8ca7f0a4af6a887fd4

Chatting with my physio about the return of the banned players. The guy works with elite athletes, so has seen a bunch of athletes return from LTIs. He said most players who have a year off due to ACLs or other year long injuries report it takes a full year to get used to playing again. They might be on the field, but it’s 12 months before they get back to their best.

He did wonder if the banned players might track differently having had no injuries, but it will be a challenge.

Yeah Crowley was no good, hope our boys return better than that

Chatting with my physio about the return of the banned players. The guy works with elite athletes, so has seen a bunch of athletes return from LTIs. He said most players who have a year off due to ACLs or other year long injuries report it takes a full year to get used to playing again. They might be on the field, but it's 12 months before they get back to their best.

He did wonder if the banned players might track differently having had no injuries, but it will be a challenge.

They have been training something an ACL injury prevents…

Chatting with my physio about the return of the banned players. The guy works with elite athletes, so has seen a bunch of athletes return from LTIs. He said most players who have a year off due to ACLs or other year long injuries report it takes a full year to get used to playing again. They might be on the field, but it's 12 months before they get back to their best.

They have been training something an ACL injury prevents…

Yeah. Hope that makes the difference.

A year off will just add another year to their careers, I can’t see it as being a negative. Plus they got to go to Croatia, one of the worlds premier holiday destinations.

It’ll be a bit of a double-edged sword I reckon. Yeah, it’s a lot of time out if footy and there’ll be a readjustment period, but on the other hand, it might actually do them good physically in the long run. Afl players often come back from injuries in a fraction if the time that other sportspeople do. A sprinter who does their hammy could spend seven months on the sidelines while the injury fully heals, while a footy player could be back from the same injury in four weeks. If the year off has meant that these injuries have had a chance to completely heal, and a lot of the little niggles that every footy player carries have had time to fully, properly recover, then the time off might actually end up extending careers, especially of the older guys.

Was the Hinkley guarantee before or after they looked at the books and realised they are 500% over their salary cap and have to shed players. Footy Crapified put up a graphic and half the list is on long term deals! I hope this doesn't leave poor Gus out in the cold. We should take him back if Port can't. Would be sad if they screw him once by not paying his salary, and then screw him again by not giving him what they promised because they can't manage their cap
Uhm, no, we shouldn't. Just no.

Jobe has been back for one day and the media is already speculating about his brownlow.

i’m so sick of this ■■■■ - i hate the media. Vultures

Football great Chris Judd expects the AFL to strip Jobe Watson of his 2012 Brownlow Medal

SAM LANDSBERGER, Herald Sun
an hour ago

DUAL Brownlow Medallist Chris Judd expects the AFL to strip Jobe Watson of his 2012 medal should the Essendon 34’s appeal in a Swiss court fail.

Lawyers for the AFL and Essendon are unsure when a ruling will be handed down.

Bombers chief executive Xavier Campbell said recently that “at worst” a verdict should be delivered by October.

“It is a foreign process and it’s really difficult. All the submissions have been submitted, it’s now deliberation phase,” Campbell said.

DECISION TIME: WORSFOLD-WATSON MEETING IN ‘JUST OVER A WEEK’

HARD TIMES: HURLEY’S TEARS OVER DOPING DECISION

Judd, who pocketed the 2004 and 2010 Brownlows, said if the Hail Mary appeal falls over it would be a straight forward decision for the AFL Commission.

“I couldn’t see, if they got found guilty, him being allowed to keep the Brownlow,” Judd said.

“Whether that’s fair is a different question. In terms of a legal outcome it would be hard to see any other outcome happening.”

Jobe Watson has returned to Melbourne. Picture: Nicole Garmston
Watson said that he is yet to make a decision on his playing future, saying he’ll “see how I feel” once he has settled back into Melbourne life.

He trained with a number of his fellow banned teammates at St Bernard’s College on Friday.

Campbell remains hopeful that the suspended skipper will return to the club.

“It’s great that he’s back. He’s obviously had a good break and he’s pretty happy to be back, too,” he said.

“We think Jobe will play, but we’ll support him in any decision that he makes.”

The banned captain jetted into Melbourne on Friday morning.

I see that Sam Lane QC has a partner in her law firm.

Judd needs to STFU. Fairest and best winner, what a joke.

Judd needs to STFU. Fairest and best winner, what a joke.

Would you like chicken wings with that?

This shows what a sanctimonious p**ck Chris Judd is to even see fit to speculate on Jobes Brownlow just days after the guy came back home. He can fark right off as far as I am concern. Scumbag.

*IIRC, it was reported somewhere that the Secretary General of CAS , Matthieu Reeb, says he expects a decision by the SFT in November on our case.

Someone send Judds magic blue powder video to ASADA and the media

A year off will just add another year to their careers, I can't see it as being a negative. Plus they got to go to Croatia, one of the worlds premier holiday destinations.

farkn love the hrvatska