Former #4 Jobe Watson

So do you reckon when everybody at AFL house has gone home for the night and Gil is in the office alone, that he puts the medal around his neck and runs around his office pretending to take speckies and handpass while saying "Oooooo I'm a Brownlow medalist"

I do.

Cleaner walks in. Very awkward silence ensues.

So do you reckon when everybody at AFL house has gone home for the night and Gil is in the office alone, that he puts the medal around his neck and runs around his office pretending to take speckies and handpass while saying "Oooooo I'm a Brownlow medalist"

I do.

Cleaner gets shoved under the carpet…

I do.

Cleaner gets shoved under the carpet parts removed …

EDIT: Just the parts he doesn’t need

I do.

From the whole saga, out of everything thats been written, dungeons, bikie gangs, SWWNBN getting flirty with McDevitt etc. i think this is the most disturbing image…

Wait till he slots one against the hawks

It’ll be epic

You wanna hear a roar?? Turn up round 1!!

It could be one of the best nights in our clubs entire history. And I’m not even kidding.

^ and that’s exactly the reason why 80k+ of us should turn up. It could potentially be the best emotion charged victory you’ll ever likely see. I really hope it’s in the high 80s. I’m froffin. I cannot wait

Need that italian style thing where the announced absolutely belts out the names of each player.

Jobe's had the hardest slog in this clubs history, don't care what anyone says hes the only that could've held up the players and the dignity of the club.

Hird?

Hird has by far.

The Brownlow has been handed back and Giligan has it in his office draw according to the wicked witch

Hmm that only confirms that the medal itself has been handed back. What about the ribbon the medal was on? Has that been handed back yet or what? Have the video tapes of the event been destroyed? What about Jobes suit? Has it been donated to charity?? Which charity exactly??? I NEED ANSWERS MEDIA

I reckon Jobe made a replica and gave them that one lol.

A replica made of chocolate thats already melted.

Jobe should of have done this when he handed the medal to Gil

Need that italian style thing where the announced absolutely belts out the names of each player.

I really think they should this, I know some think this takes too long in AFL with 22 names, but before the first game of the year and to welcome Jobe and co back, I know we will find a roar for each and every one of the 22 names, and this could become part of the first home game ritual, when we are all fired up.

Just posting for our info.

ESSENDON has resolved a compensation claim with Jobe Watson and all its current players, bringing an end to a painful four-year saga.

On Friday, the Bombers confirmed to the Herald Sun they had resolved every compensation claim with players still on their list.

Now they need only to finalise a handful of claims with ex-players before deals with all 34 Bombers are resolved.
A Bombers spokesman told the Herald Sun: “All current player compensation claims have been settled. There are a small handful of deals with former players left to finalise.”
Watson’s compensation claim for his year-long ASADA ban shaped as the most financially costly given his loss of earnings.
The former 2012 Brownlow Medallist was forced to hand back his award late last year and missed a life-time of earnings as a winner of the game’s highest individual honour.
The actual compensation figure for all players included a commercial element - loss of potential earnings - as well as a clause that dealt with mental anguish.
Watson’s figure would have been at the highest end for both of those elements.
But while Watson’s claim could conceivably have cost the Bombers several hundred thousand dollars, it is understood he agreed to a figure some time ago.
His compensation claim always shaped as the most costly and complicated agreement given the lost earnings he suffered.
Watson has never been able to cash in on the associated benefits of being a Brownlow Medallist, with the scandal breaking only months after he was awarded his medal.
The Herald Sun understands Bulldogs forward Stewart Crameri has also resolved his compensation claim in recent months.
He was not only forced to serve a season-long ban, he missed the Western Bulldogs premiership last year.
The deals are confidential, but reports Watson could receive several million dollars in compensation were rebuffed as outlandish.
Late in November Essendon announced it had settled 18 compensation payouts through law firm Slater and Gordon.
Essendon chief executive Xavier Campbell was hopeful then that most of the remaining cases would be quickly finalised.
Since then the club has been working hard so it can approach Round 1 without any of the fallout of the long-running saga.
The Bombers last year announced a financial loss of $9.8 million, with most of that figure directly related to the CAS finding against their players.
That figure put the club $9 million in debt, but it believes it can pay it off at $2 million a year and quickly improve its financial position.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/essendon-has-finalised-drug-ban-compensation-claims-with-all-current-players/news-story/1a29d7a50995b3d63cc3ae94a01bc819

he wasn’t forced to hand back ■■■■, you goose.

he wasn't forced to hand back ■■■■, you goose.

Correct.

They do this at Melbourne Victory games.

Announcer: Number 4, Jobe…
Crowd: WATSON!!

I first heard this in German soccer games, not Italian.

Dis guy

JOBE LOOKS PRIMED FOR A BROWNLOW TILT
BY JUSTIN TALENT

David Schwarz claims that Essendon midfielder Jobe Watson could easily win a Brownlow Medal as soon as this year after being highly impressed by his performance in Essendon’s opening JLT Community Series match.

The former Bombers skipper played his first game since the end of the 2015 season on Thursday night at Etihad Stadium, alongside five other players who were suspended for 12 months for their involvement in the club’s supplements saga.

Watson was a standout performer of the Dons’ returning group, picking up 19 disposals, four marks and six clearances despite being rested for the entirety of the final quarter, where the Bombers gave up a 23-point three-quarter time lead to lose to opponents Collingwood by 11 points.

Schwarz says that Watson’s performance captivated him enough to consider the 32-year-old a huge possibility of winning a Brownlow this year, a feat which he would enjoy should it eventuate.

Watson was stripped of his 2012 Brownlow Medal late last year due to his year-long suspension handed down by the World Anti-Doping Authority.

“He could (win a Brownlow),” said Schwarz on SEN’s The Run Home.

“He looks as determined and as sharp and as fit as I’ve ever seen him. There’s a real steel in his eye and I reckon he’d be happy to prove a lot of people wrong.”

Schwarz also says that despite the Magpies’ win, Essendon’s skill levels in the game looked at a higher level than the victors.

“I thought Essendon’s skill superior to Collingwood,” said Schwarz.

“(Collingwood) fumbled a lot.”

Essendon’s next pre-season fixture takes them to Queensland as they take on the Gold Coast Suns at Mackay’s Harrup Park on February 26, while Collingwood will travel to Mandurah in Western Australia to take on Fremantle on March 4.

www.sen.com.au/news/2017/02/17/ox-jobe-looks-primed-for-a-brownlow-tilt/

Can’t disagree with OX there. Jobe winning the Brownlow will be a big ■■■■ you.

There’s every chance that he could play as long as Mitchell has. both similar type of players.

David Schwarz claims that Essendon midfielder Jobe Watson could easily win a Brownlow Medal as soon as this year after being highly impressed by his performance in Essendon’s opening JLT Community Series match.
Is the Brownlow being held on a Tuesday this year?

“…and I reckon he’d be happy to prove a lot of people wrong…”

Wrong about what, exactly?