Former #4 Jobe Watson

I agree in the sense of his ball winning but his disposal has been pretty bad in each game from what I’ve seen. Hopefully just touch at the moment.

1 Like

I agree. He’s got no problem finding it but his disposal by foot against Geelong wasn’t great. Was missing targets even when not under a great amount of pressure. He’s an absolute champion though and I think he’s going to absolutely rip some teams apart this season!

I’m assuming by the lack of activity in the Heppell thread this isn’t accurate.

4 Likes

2 Likes

He did have a scan and all ok :ok_hand:

1 Like

Wasn’t he so good that Adelaide took him a year before he could actually join them?

That all depends on the umpires, doesn’t it? Ask yourself this question, do they see Essendon as a team, not individuals, in a favourable light?

I hereby give everyone permission to go full Fark Carlton whenever he gets the ball on Saturday.

3 Likes

According to the commentators last night, they heard from Tim that Jobe’s now gone the full northern hipster and become a vegan. I look forward to seeing him in Neko Neko some time.

2 Likes

Please tell me this is true!

7 Likes

Will keep an eye out for him. Seen JD around a bit.

Ahhh.

The things we do for love.

3 Likes

He’s better than Croxton, and we don’t allow your types around Ruckers

1 Like

I see Stants around a bit as well. Think both of them live in the area.

1 Like

Well, that’s certainly a decent upgrade on Jake Push up King who I think used to be a local

Was a little rusty with his disposal last week, and again in the first quarter tonight, but after that fk me he was good. Such an unbelievably smart footballer.

He was very very good.

But, first half there were too many cute passes that did not come off at all.

Was immense in the last quarter though.

I mustn’t have been watching properly. Thought he was everywhere but not necessarily great when he had it. Several times his class did shine through though - few great kicks.

Damn Jobe you’re going to start taking Brownlow votes of Merrett soon! Haha