Jobs from Blitzers?

Hey Blitzers,

I’m currently struggling with my job situation. I completed my year 12 VCE in 2010 and finished my Accounting degree in 2014.
Ever since I’ve graduated, I’ve been searching for a job with very, very little luck. Landed two interview jobs in the city which turned out to be outbound sales roles (job description was vague).

In the past 2 years, I’ve ‘professionally’ fixed my resume for a combined $200. Still nothing. I’ve contacted businesses over the phone, direct visit with resume in hand, online applications and friend referrals. I have applied for accounting, retail, finance, office and bank jobs with NOT one interview.

You’re all asking, “why is this guy posting this on Blitz??” Well, truth be told, I’m desperate because I’ve tried everything.
My request is simple: if you work or own in a company and have a vacant role available, please contact me!!

I have applied for NUMEROUS bank jobs (which is my ‘dream’ job atm) but competition is sooo high that I’ve missed out several times. I will work in literally any type of work (except outbound sales) and full/part-time is preferred. I live in the North-East Suburbs of Melbourne but don’t mind travelling. If you have ANYTHING available, please PM me!! Thanks heaps!!

I’ve got a few friends with accounting degrees that work for banks. Which leads to my question…

Why the fk do you want to work for a bank?

Our accountant just quit. Good conditions but may involve some travel…

Our accountant just quit. Good conditions but may involve some travel...
Would love to but unfortunately no hands on/workplace experience.

Our Gm likes new grads. He’s recruited from Melbourne before. If you can do long term planning and strategy stuff he’ll be interested. The catch is…,

It’s in tassie.

I’m in as long as 'Boot allows me to stay in the cafe overnight!

Probably is one on the internet. I’ll Google it…

Our Gm likes new grads. He’s recruited from Melbourne before. If you can do long term planning and strategy stuff he’ll be interested. The catch is…,

It’s in tassie.

He’d probably get lost.
Is there a map?

It’s in tassie.

check your PM’s Bombers08.

You’re already selling yourself short! Actively avoid talking about negatives or if you do, counter them immediately with a strength. Concentrate on your strengths. Enthusiasm. Willingness to learn. Quick learner. These sorts of things help to mitigate the lack of experience in a potential employer.

Hot tip: most people aren’t suitable for a job when they first start. So much of what you learn is learnt on the fly.

Look at the APS gazette. Thete are plenty of jobs - ongoing and non ongoing in the APS for people with finance/accounting backgrounds.

Gazette is in a website??

Come drop your resume in at Box Hill Hospital. You'll get a job here eventually. If not sooner. You'd better not be a jerk.

Feels like I’ve been living at the emergency department there the past year. Two kids under 4. The new part is awesome by the way.

Look at the APS gazette. Thete are plenty of jobs - ongoing and non ongoing in the APS for people with finance/accounting backgrounds.

Did you put that you are a prominent member of the biggest online single Australian sports team fan forum in the country?

I usually open with that in all applications.

And conversations too.

Does it also close the conversation, without needing to say it twice?

My best man took a swipe at my blitz habits in his speech at my wedding. He barracks for Melbourne so the joke is on him. Still kicking myself though for not mentioning in my speech at his wedding that he once took a ■■■■ out of his own bedroom window in an apartment we shared together and that he got busted doing the deed by a neighbor.

Good luck with the job hunt, peos’s idea is a very good one

Did you put that you are a prominent member of the biggest online single Australian sports team fan forum in the country?
Right under "interests".

And conversations too.

Does it also close the conversation, without needing to say it twice?

And conversations too.

You got it!

You wouldnt happpen to be able to teach sportsturf management at a TAFE level by any chance? If so, your in.