Jobs from Blitzers?

You wouldnt happpen to be able to teach sportsturf management at a TAFE level by any chance? If so, your in.

You only need to stay one class ahead yeah? Easy done!

I've got a few friends with accounting degrees that work for banks. Which leads to my question...

Why the fk do you want to work for a bank?

• I honestly like working with customers. Trying to understand their needs and looking for ways to meet them.

-Opportunities for advancement.

-Interest with Finance and cash-handling having processed Western Union transactions

-Good pay and hours.

In the older days, you can walk in a bank, hand in resume, ask for a job and get it. Now, they refer you online and have to beat hundreds of other applicants.

Fair enough.

Like Peos said, I’d recommend volunteering for a non-profit. They could use the help, and people on boards are generally very well connected folks.

Best advice in this thread. Good luck with the job search Bombers08. So glad I’m at the other end of the career scale.

Come drop your resume in at Box Hill Hospital. You'll get a job here eventually. If not sooner. You'd better not be a jerk.

Nice

I've got a few friends with accounting degrees that work for banks. Which leads to my question...

• I honestly like working with customers. Trying to understand their needs and looking for ways to meet them.

-Interest with Finance and cash-handling having processed Western Union transactions

-Good pay and hours.

In the older days, you can walk in a bank, hand in resume, ask for a job and get it. Now, they refer you online and have to beat hundreds of other applicants.

Fair enough.

Like Peos said, I’d recommend volunteering for a non-profit. They could use the help, and people on boards are generally very well connected folks.

Come drop your resume in at Box Hill Hospital.
You’ll get a job here eventually. If not sooner.
You’d better not be a jerk.

Find out which recruiting agencies the big four use and register with them. Last time I was looking for a job I have 4 agencies looking at the same time.

If you look at Seek most of the jobs are agencies recruiting on behalf of “their client”.

Another quirk of the recruitment industry is if you have applied to a company directly a recruitment company can’t offer your cervices to them for a certain period of time.

One of the worst aspects of agencies, is they never call you about a job. They jot down your details and ask whether you're interested in studying for a course they provide. Like, if I wanna study, I wouldn't be on Seek in the first time!!

But if these bank one’s aren’t like that, then it’s definitely worth a shot.

Find out which recruiting agencies the big four use and register with them. Last time I was looking for a job I have 4 agencies looking at the same time.

If you look at Seek most of the jobs are agencies recruiting on behalf of “their client”.

Another quirk of the recruitment industry is if you have applied to a company directly a recruitment company can’t offer your cervices to them for a certain period of time.

-Good pay and hours.

Hey Blitzers,

I’m currently struggling with my job situation. I completed my year 12 VCE in 2010 and finished my Accounting degree in 2014.
Ever since I’ve graduated, I’ve been searching for a job with very, very little luck. Landed two interview jobs in the city which turned out to be outbound sales roles (job description was vague).

In the past 2 years, I’ve ‘professionally’ fixed my resume for a combined $200. Still nothing. I’ve contacted businesses over the phone, direct visit with resume in hand, online applications and friend referrals. I have applied for accounting, retail, finance, office and bank jobs with NOT one interview.

You’re all asking, “why is this guy posting this on Blitz??” Well, truth be told, I’m desperate because I’ve tried everything.
My request is simple: if you work or own in a company and have a vacant role available, please contact me!!

I have applied for NUMEROUS bank jobs (which is my ‘dream’ job atm) but competition is sooo high that I’ve missed out several times. I will work in literally any type of work (except outbound sales) and full/part-time is preferred. I live in the North-East Suburbs of Melbourne but don’t mind travelling. If you have ANYTHING available, please PM me!! Thanks heaps!!

I feel your pain, except my field was marketing, but same story. Relentless applications, vague agency interviews in the city, entry-level jobs that still want experience… It’s tough.

I got around it by volunteering to do publicity for local theatre groups, which eventually helped me get my first marketing job. (I had to work a shitty internal sales job in the mean time, but still)

Maybe find a local footy / cricket / tennis / model train club that needs a treasurer or a bookkeeper. It just gives you a chance to demonstrate some practical application of your skills,and really highlight it in your application letters.

And don’t give up.

Did you put that you are a prominent member of the biggest online single Australian sports team fan forum in the country?

my god could you imagine bomberblitz being like the free masons (or stonecutters for simpsons fans), could start our own little secret society where we infiltrate big business’s and then take them over on our way to world domination.

all the while posting on the main forum and bickering as we do.

Our accountant just quit. Good conditions but may involve some travel...
Would love to but unfortunately no hands on/workplace experience.

Our Gm likes new grads. He’s recruited from Melbourne before. If you can do long term planning and strategy stuff he’ll be interested. The catch is…,

It’s in tassie.

He’d probably get lost.
Is there a map?

If he brings his missus

Our Gm likes new grads. He’s recruited from Melbourne before. If you can do long term planning and strategy stuff he’ll be interested. The catch is…,

It’s in tassie.

I’m in as long as 'Boot allows me to stay in the cafe overnight!

It’s in Scottsdale. If you like golf barnbougle is 20 mins up the road and apparently world class road bike trails.

It’s beautiful countryside and the people are really friendly. You will have to put up with an hours drive from Launceston were I live. I strongly recommend the lifestyle and it’s pretty cheap living compared to metropolitan cities.

If reboot can make the transition to tasweigia so can you. Do it. Take a chance. This state leaves every other for dead. There won’t be many applicants.
I’ll even let you hang out with me on the odd occasion.

Probably is one on the internet. I'll Google it........

Just don’t check out the Woolies website!

It’s in tassie.

I’m in as long as 'Boot allows me to stay in the cafe overnight!

It’s in Scottsdale. If you like golf barnbougle is 20 mins up the road and apparently world class road bike trails.

It’s beautiful countryside and the people are really friendly. You will have to put up with an hours drive from Launceston were I live. I strongly recommend the lifestyle and it’s pretty cheap living compared to metropolitan cities.

If reboot can make the transition to tasweigia so can you. Do it. Take a chance. This state leaves every other for dead. There won’t be many applicants.
I’ll even let you hang out with me on the odd occasion.

Sounds enticing but gotta take everything into consideration like family, a place to stay and setting up funds to travel there.

I’ll be more than happy to apply (if you have the link) and if I’m successful, will go from there.

I thought this thread was going to be so different to what it actually is.

I found indeed.com (maybe .au at the end) to be a pretty good job search place.

It definitely has a variety of jobs but I’ve been trying for such a long time on Indeed, Seek and direct websites with NO success at all. It sucks.

I didn’t actually expect this much support tbh. Received a few PM’s from great Blitzers so hopefully it leads to a job!!

Thanks heaps guys!!

On the contrary, I found it extraordinarily bad. I advertised for a couple of positions there last year - rather attractive and popular jobs, and had not one proper applicant. On an other site, I had about 40 in the same period.

On the contrary, I found it extraordinarily bad. I advertised for a couple of positions there last year - rather attractive and popular jobs, and had not one proper applicant. On an other site, I had about 40 in the same period.

Soooo ummm, what do you do?

Soooo ummm, what do you do?

Not accounting, hahaha. My wife is an accountant though :slight_smile: