Joe Daniher

The day I saw him at the u18 champs he kicked 4.7.

A massive hole in his game that hasn't been addressed yet.

If he ends up like Richo or Nick Riewoldt we will have frayed nerves for a long time.

The day I saw him at the u18 champs he kicked 4.7.

A massive hole in his game that hasn't been addressed yet.

If he ends up like Richo or Nick Riewoldt we will have frayed nerves for a long time.

What if he ends up like Buddy Franklin? His kicking has only in the past 6 months become better but for the first 7 or so years of his career he was all over the shop.

As I said to my mate on Saturday, Daniher will one day kick 12 goals, but first he will kick 4.8.

4 shots on goal in THAT forwardline with THAT delivery? Like.

Dell would have kicked 6, just as Peedo.

wat

Anyone who can take a mark in that forward line deserves our support.

Anyone who can take a mark in that forward line deserves our support.

We are lacking the little guys that need to be there, when the mark is not taken......and a couple more midfielders.

Led well and could've easily had 3-4 goals. His kicking around the ground was better than most of his team mates too.

Just get someone to come to the club to do some set shot work over the pre-season. Another pre-season in the gym and plenty of goal kicking practice will hold him in good stead.

I can't wait until he starts to tear games apart.

How has his goal kicking been in the VFL?  The fact he missed four whilst being a concern is surely something that can be addressed.  I think a certain grass tossing former Captain could help out here.

I would definitely keep him in the side this week.

Really liked his initiative last week, and he will learn from his mistakes.

Like previously mentioned, I would absolutely love Lloydy to come be our forward line coach.

Maybe spend most of that off season in the gym. Will become an unstoppable force in the marking contest with another 7 or 8kg on him. But other than that you're right. It was good to see.

Fark me. Just imagin him in a couple of years...with strong frame and better composure in front of goal...Coleman.

I know I'm being pessimistic but which player in the past few years has actually significantly improved their set shots to the point where it can be classified as good?

Cloke, Riewoldt and Franklin have all been poor shots on goal and although they go through phases where it seems to have improved, they never sustain it for long enough periods. 

I know I'm being pessimistic but which player in the past few years has actually significantly improved their set shots to the point where it can be classified as good?
Cloke, Riewoldt and Franklin have all been poor shots on goal and although they go through phases where it seems to have improved, they never sustain it for long enough periods.

Crameri. Haven't checked the stats but I'm pretty sure his set shots have improved heaps since last year.

Crameri. Haven't checked the stats but I'm pretty sure his set shots have improved heaps since last year.

Must have been big game nerves and the pressure on him. If the coaches can get him to relax and practice as much as Cloke from Collingwood does, then he'll just line up and kick them easily, but that takes years.
Cloke listens to his iPod and practices for hours and hours.

Imagine if Coleman had an iPod WOW

The game plan was stupid on Saturday and hindered him alot. Bombing it long to Daniher will be the way to go, but not when they have a loose man in defence. I can not believe that this was allowed to go on all game.

When on a lead he marked everything and positioned himself perfectly. Now if we can just get him one on one we should be ok.

Not sure about that, his weakest aspect by a long way is his one-on-one marking. Even when he bulks up and improves it, it will still be weak compared to his other attributes. If we deliver it to him on the lead he will never be spoiled, he will mark everything kicked in his general direction as long as he doesn't have to stand under the ball. He should always be running to the ball to mark it, there are plenty of defenders who will have his number underneath a ball
They deliver it to him better in the VFL than the AFL

Led well and could've easily had 3-4 goals. His kicking around the ground was better than most of his team mates too.

Just get someone to come to the club to do some set shot work over the pre-season. Another pre-season in the gym and plenty of goal kicking practice will hold him in good stead.

I can't wait until he starts to tear games apart.

How has his goal kicking been in the VFL?  The fact he missed four whilst being a concern is surely something that can be addressed.  I think a certain grass tossing former Captain could help out here.

I think he goes at about 50/50 generally, kicked something like 4.6 in a TAC cup final or something
Not sure on the actual stats, but plenty of times I have checked his stats goals normally equal behinds

Maybe spend most of that off season in the gym. Will become an unstoppable force in the marking contest with another 7 or 8kg on him. But other than that you're right. It was good to see.

Fark me. Just imagin him in a couple of years...with strong frame and better composure in front of goal...Coleman.

Might be time to head back up to the Daniher farm! Good cooking and gym/exercise during the day

White Buddy. I've always said it.

Minus the drugs of course. Slower, but better mark.

At least he didn't kick any tumblers. When he hits them they stay hit. Just needs to iron out the mechanics

Going to be a superstar. 

That possession in the middle of the ground......

Going to be a superstar. 

What happened? I missed the game.

Going to be a superstar. 

What happened? I missed the game.

it was just his movement in traffic. 

Remembering that he is 200+cm, he is extemely well balanced and has ELITE agility for his size.