Joey Montagna

My sources tell me that we are close to securing him.

But what could we offer?!

Not Myers. 

A partridge in a pear tree?

Not Myers.

I don't want to, but Pears and 26 do it?

Something left field is going on don’t know if it is this or not

Screw Montagna.

Cue fax breakdown at 1:59pm

I would love Joey at Efc. But honestly don’t think we would be happy with giving them what it would take for th deal t get done.

Let’s just take the best kid at 26 and develop within

Something left field is going on don't know if it is this or not

Thanks, cerberus...     :P

Close enough to something or other. 

Sit tight, be gullible.

Chapman & Goddard, over the moon!

Montagna... not so much. Great player but I don't want to give a lot to get him. I feel we could have some young talent on our list who could potentially get to his level with time. 

Montagna... not so much. Great player but I don't want to give a lot to get him. I feel we could have some young talent on our list who could potentially get to his level with time. 

Averaged 29.6 poss a game, 4th best in the AFL. Could easily be the difference.

Will not happen though.

Averaged 29.6 poss a game, 4th best in the AFL. Could easily be the difference.

Will not happen though.

He's a great player, that's for sure. Is he the difference? I guess we will have to wait and see. I'm not so sure.

Not sure why we would trade for Montagna which would almost certainly cost us our best pick plus a player like Myers (at a minimum) when we could have just put more into getting Dal Santo as a free agent. 

I have too much fun abusing montagna at stkilda games to want him at essendon. We have some talented young mids that will come on next year and contribute.

I don’t think adding a 30 year old mid is the right move for this list.

High risk high reward.

On one hand we’d be topping up and if we didn’t win a flag in the next two years then BJ, Stants, Watson, Licha, Chapman, Montagna etc will all be coming towards the end of their careers.

On the other he could be the difference to push us that little bit closer to winning it.

Depends on how much Dodoro and Co. rate our current crop of kids

Montagna is a strange player for me. Kind of like Stanton with slightly better disposal. Probably a touch zippier.

Dyson and a 3rd rounder.

Would be a huge boost to our midfield over the next 2 years, if we think we will win a flag in that time we have to take a chance.

Thinking Pears might be the one as he has not signed, still young and would suit the saints.