Joey Montagna

St Kilda might do it for pick 26, on the grounds that if the compensation picks are scrapped next year they could lose him for nothing next year. That’s our only hope.

Its a good point, get something now or nothing next year.

i was thinking 26 could be involved although i think the club would be keen to hold onto that pick.

Joey changed my opinion with his play this year. he worked SO hard every game for the Saints when i have had him in the same boat as Dal Santo the last few years with regards to not working hard enough etc..

He was Saints best played in so so many games and ran the ground all day long. his disposal is elite and has good pace to go with it and kicks long at full speed.

Having him and Stanton as massive engine runners would be so hard to match up against.

Not sure why we would trade for Montagna which would almost certainly cost us our best pick plus a player like Myers (at a minimum) when we could have just put more into getting Dal Santo as a free agent. 

Maybe we really didn't want Nick Del Santo perhaps,  we were testing the waters at the Saints.

Has anyone else read this thread and decided that the month-long trade week has finally broken Blitz? 

I know people here would be against trading Myers+26 for Montagna. But what about Jack Steven?

Just a hypothetical. I have no inside knowledge.

Yeah, I'm not sure on this one. Good player, but it depends on what he'd cost. I certainly wouldn't entertain putting Myers on the table for him.

I know people here would be against trading Myers+26 for Montagna. But what about Jack Steven?

Would do it.

no way would St Kilda go for that.

Jack Steven would just be about their most untradable player in my opinion.  

My sources tell me that we are close to securing him.

But what could we offer?!

26 and Pears for Montagna?

That would ruffle a few feathers!

I seriously doubt we have the money for Montagna.

If it is true though bring on Joeyfest 2013!!!!

Now the thread is broken. 

26 and Pears would it IMO.

But are we willing to lose another tall after Crameri and Gumby have departed? Doubt it.

My sources tell me that we are close to securing him.

But what could we offer?!

26 and Pears for Montagna?

That would ruffle a few feathers!

I actually really think that we need Pears on the list next year. With Cram and gumby gone (going) I think he will be needed to shuffle the talls around especially if we cop an injury to our KPP's

I would do it, they would not

Now the thread is broken.

Sorry Zimm. I am disappointed in myself.

Steinberg showed plenty in defence in the 2's,  could well be upgraded if Pears went out.

Nooooooooo. We’re not trading Myers!!!

I think pink is trolling us

Edit: meant mink lol

Steinberg showed plenty in defence in the 2's, could well be upgraded if Pears went out.

Looks like he'll be on the rookie list again.
However, it also depends how highly they rate VU.