John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Heretic!

Best thing the club has done.

I feel now the whole coaching box is coaching properly since the removal of Neeld.

1 Like

im starting to change my tune about skipworth tbh

last year did a pretty fkg good job with the forwardline, and midfield is coming along pretty well the last 5 weeks.

decent effort by him, I must say.

12 Likes

In an organisation one person can significantly affect how the rest of the group works. Bad/wrong processes. Stifles discussion/communication. Awkward personality. Take them out and suddenly the group operates differently.

3 Likes

Particularly if that one person is decent at politics.

Yes, remember that well. Also remember some jokers saying Woosha was the worst coach we’ve ever had for generations.
JFC !

James Kelly as well not sure but I think he’s in charge of midfeild spread and stoppages

Add to that the comments from Dys about players not following the plan and you get an ever clearer picture.

2 Likes

Would be strange to have two coaches for midfield.

Where did you hear that?

Said on mmm pre game that he works with Skipworth.

1 Like

Our structure and style has completely changed since neeld got the lemon. It’s pretty evident

7 Likes

Was a Dan Richardson move saw it wasnt working so gave him the a**

I think more changes will be happening Richardson was there when the Tigers won the flag.

I spoke to BJ before the Geelong game and he said something similar re the chip the ball sideways gamestyle that wasn’t instructed by the coaches and how some players were waiting for the pill from 2 kicks away rather than going up closer to influence marking contests.

4 Likes

There seems to be a lot more passion in the box since the removal of Neeld.

Prior to him leaving Woosha just sat there motionless.

That same passion is also happening on the field…its flicking great

2 Likes

Yep that’s the first thing noticed he’s seems invested and looks like he gives a damm it’s great.

Just blows my mind how one guy can have so much influence - and apparently negative influence.

I felt that the team were specifically trying to not kick the ball blindly out of a pack during this game.

I was delighted to see it.

It did mean we got caught a bit more, but reckon it is much better to make the umpires take it off us, then to just kick blindly forward to their spare in defence.

5 Likes

From all reports the bloke is great at devloping talent but the coaching side of things not his forte.

Or that ‘the game plan has changed’ since we’ve actually started to work with it properly.

1 Like

it’s just a pity it took til losing to a winless carlton and a sacking of a coach for everyone from coaches and players to somehow “get it”

which really does raise the question, were they just not “gel-ing” cos they didn’t like neeld ?

Valid reasons as to not liking him, or his approach or all of that aside, the last 5 weeks of football, minus the richmond game have been polar opposite to the first 8 odd weeks.
to me it’s all started from an improvement if the defensive game.

but something changed the second neeld was sacked is stating the obvious, obviously.
but it was almost instantaneous.
being 2-6 after 8 weeks, having lost to a winless carlton, sacking an assistant coach and pretty much being in one of the biggest hole less slumps this club has ever had.

they went from rock bottom to “gel-ing” in 5 weeks, playing 4 of the top sides and getting 3 wins out of it.
something is very fishy about it all, i get they didn’t like neeld, but the longer this turn around goes, the more it doesn’t just look like just disliking him, but hating and loathing him.