John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Whoever that forward coach is: they’re no Skipworth.

2 Likes

It’s not stupid, cheerleading bullshit so why wouldn’t I agree with it?

1 Like

There are going to be two (well, with some schisms…I’m not dkp, and HAP and BSD while being on the same ‘side’ seemed to constantly disagree on the finer points) schools of thought here.

The first is that the game plan hasn’t changed (generally, apart from forced changes due to injury and so on) since round one and it’s only now that the players are getting it and the coaches were right all along.
The second is that the game plan has changed in every possible way that matters since round one, and that change came about after most people had had a gutful of the way we were playing which took us to 2-6 and we sacked a coach mid year.

Those two factions aren’t ever going to agree, so I don’t see much point in discussing it.

1 Like

Ignoring all that pedictable long winded stuff, is Woosha still the worst coach you’ve identified in many decades?
A yes or no will do.

Not the worst. I think Knighter gets that accolade.

1 Like

He has absolutely coached the worst, stupidest, astoundingly pointless and obviously unwinnable games I’ve ever seen.

So I guess that’s a yes.

For me - it’s that a whole team (or at least the vast majority of important pieces) needs to be in tune with a game plan like this, and it does take a while to get to that point. The longer we play to it, the more aligned the team becomes.

I think that puts a stupidity label on someone else too.

The feeling is entirely mutual.
Your ‘Yay Woosha!’ when he was being out coached made me sick.
Still does.

2 Likes

Stuck fat with Woosha, you and your crew are lamentable.

Do we agree that the game plan and coaching has finally started to come together such that we look like a dangerous team despite missing half a dozen players that were previously considered best 22? I reckon the coaches are doing a fine job right now and that’s what matters.

5 Likes

Stuck fat with an unnecessarily ruined season.
Good for you.
You must be proud.

I stuck fat with massive changes needed making if we were ever going to be anywhere near a decent team.

I suppose good coaches have the ability to make changes when things go awry and turn it around. The worst coach in decades probably wouldn’t have that ability.

You’re talking about a guy renowned for Not making changes.
But even he saw the writing on the wall when his right hand man got the ■■■■, and thank ■■■■ for that.
Now we’re playing a physical brand of football that has a defensive aspect and he actually looks engaged in the box.

You’d have cheered that disgraceful style of football all the way to the spoon and said, ‘he just needs another two years!’

Anyway, bored with you.
You’ve called me into the thread and I’ve responded, so well done.

You can fuckity off now.

1 Like

Nope. Not really been tested. Richmond killed us, we beat Brisbane (woah!) and after catching WCE with their pants down were shut down. If WCE kick accurately, they might even have won.

So I’m far from convinced yet.

We didn’t catch WCE, with pants down, we pulled them down. A bit of credit where it is due, would not go astray.

12 Likes

Oh yeah, the right hand man that wasn’t picked by Woosha. Wonder who was instrumental in that, could have been Woosha himself.
And now we’re playing a physical brand of football, a brand that funnily enough Woosha employed as a premiership captain, probably the brand that both the captain and the coach were calling for the players to buy into, weeks ago, who knows.
I reckon you’d still be saying he can’t coach even if we won number 17 with him in the box.
There’s a key element to being a supporter that you and your crew lack, and that’s encouragement.

1 Like

FYI I think this is the dumbest - most arrogant - point made by either side.

3 Likes

Yeah he brought Harding across with him didn’t he?

1 Like

Joe Daniher etc say hello too Captain Jack. What a crock that they were “undermanned”. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like