John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

They collaborated at Adelaide in 2015, so that may have something to do with it.

There is a third view.

That it has little to do with a gameplan at all.

So dont even talk about it.

For mine it is a mental/buy in thing that has to be solved.

You dont instill confidence, stabilty, toughness, loyalty, resilience easily.

Some realised the mental issues were things they had witnessed for 15 years.

So rather than repeating the cycle of instability, disloyalty, weakness and confidence shattering change (putting in Caracella would do absolutely nothing and he would fail because its little to do with gameplan as Bolton, Dew, Simpson, Pagan and Malthouse at Carlton know) we get through it as a group. This group. Now.

I couldnt think of a tougher ■■■■ to work through our mental scars than Worsfold.

7 Likes

There’s a bunch of gameplan stuff they have changed
There’s half a dozen positional swaps and new players they’ve gone to.
The core I don’t think has changed. And I think your point about holding steady is a worthwhile one to be made.

(The core issue of why we went absolutely shit for a month is still beyond me)

We were failing to adapt correctly when the opposition applied pressure to force our play around the edges.

Everything falls apart if you lose confidence, dont have resilience.

To me. Thats what I want fixed.

I want us to get a brand of playing tough hard footy.

5 Likes

I agree that changing coaches would have been terrible for the club.
Unfortunately, it was becoming the better option.

1 Like

Which would have included sacking Woosha. No doubt. You have made that very very clear.

I told you to fuckity off.
I’m well aware of your opinion of me.
You’ve stated it several times.

I don’t rate your ra-ra-ra stuff at all.
I don’t care what you think.

But I do care that you keep calling me out.
So again, you little pissant, stop it.

You know where the exit is numbskull.

It sure does. Building confidence in themselves and each other is a massive part of success. Resilience comes from that, the belief that the team can do it. I think (hope) we’re getting there.

7 Likes

Whoa

:boxing_glove:

Great to read something encouraging.

1 Like

We also dismantled their press. We kicked short or hanballed out of defence and ran through their press with speed, which they weren’t prepared for. Or ally teams are trying to kick out as long as possible and they just mop it up. This Allowed us then to go straight to goal. That is a coaching tactic for this game. Add in our pressure and WC were all of a sudden made to chase.

6 Likes

That’s another thing that’s impressive.
We’re starting to tailor our strategies to the teams we’re playing.

1 Like

Before we start praising the forward line efforts because of Brown and Mckernan, we have kicked winning scores based solely on our defensive efforts and pressure. In our 4 recent wins, we have conceded an average of 56 points for the game and that includes about 3 junk time goals by Geelong and a couple more by the junk time junkies on Thursday night.

Apart from the tigers games the opposition have kicked (goals)
To 3/4 time. We have clearly become more about pressure and stifling opposition rather than trying to beat them in a shootout and that sort of plan will win you finals matches.

6 Likes

Which is pretty much what Worsfold was saying before the season started.

2 Likes

I would like to think that we were trying to do that since round 1 but I think we were more concerned with getting our game right and beating them with our plan. GWS and geelong tried to do that to us and we opened them up

Maybe. Sure as hell didnt look like it for the first 6 or so weeks. There was almost no pressure in the early part of the season, it has definitely changed now

Yep - he said that, also.

1 Like