John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

I think the inclusion of guelfi, kyleL, redman/ridley has mutch to do with our turnaround. Some of you were suggesting we needed to do this earlier. Strangely, the players that most wanted dropped were bags, BJ & Myers, yet they also are part of this winning & more consistent performance.
Unstrangely, 99% of the advice posted on here turns out to be of less value than what the coaching panel dishes up. You’d think they had more information, more experience and better quals and judgement, but how could that be?

10 Likes

I feel comfortable with Stringer.

But does he feel comfortable with you

1 Like

Well played, but he has only played a couple of games.

The young guys you mentioned are never amongst our best players, im not sure we can credit them for the turnaround.
People wanted changes because we were playing bad footy, which was fair enough. Once the season was written off it only made sense to try some kids out and give Neeld the ■■■■, plus get Daniher sorted out.
I think the biggest factors were:

• Bulding chemistry with SSS
  • Neeld gone
  • Not having Daniher as a focal point makes us less predictable
  • confidence and form from Geelong win

As for the young vs old players, I wonder who would be dropped if Parish, Zaharakis, Colyer were ready to go.

something needs to be done though.
there’s a group of people who just constantly follow certain members around, or at the very least it’s just a couple with some aliases.
but it’s non stop when they focus on you, and in every thread, and to every post you make.

simply being told to ignore it, well considering we have to get notifications that they are following us around and don’t have the ignore option anymore.
it does get so hard to “just ignore it” when again when they focus in on you it’s just constant attack after attack after attack.

Maybe if they stop making stupid infantile threads, then they won’t get a negative response

Damn I was just about to start a “How do you make babies thread?”

2 Likes

My solution involves fondue.

5 Likes

Where is the holiday to?

6 Likes

Is that a solution or a suspension?

2 Likes

It’s both a punishment and a reward. It’s also how you make babies.

1 Like

I think we’re getting much better contributions from our bottom 6 each week. Which the young guys are playing a big part in.
Dea, and I’ve never rated him, probably hasn’t been “in the bests”, but he’s been immense. Baguley similar. Those two, between them, have added a real hard, committed edge to the back & forward lines. Mutch/Redman et al haven’t always been great but each one of them have added a slightly different dimension to the setup which has made us slightly harder to set up for/against.

4 Likes

I’m not going to make a “dip it in cheese” joke because that’d be gross.

1 Like

We just beat the fkg eagles in WA and the weekend of footy hasn’t even finished and we’re back to eating each other alive. Even that can make me love everyone until at least the pies game I reckon. You people are fkd. Lighten up

19 Likes

I’m very happy with the Dons.
Could get better too. A few waiting for a crack is exciting.
Unfortunately there’s a few sooks around here that can’t cop a reminder or two they’d chucked it in when Woosha was under the pump.

You could learn a bit from the many who ignore your observations.

1 Like

Worsfolds first 2 year as coach were different and very challenging.

Little:" Hey John, we need a coach to get us back up and about. We believe the stuff up of the century is over"

Worsfold " No worries Paul, I’m up for it. Lets make the club great again"

Xavier Campbell: “John, just been informed CAS has ruled in favour of WADA. We will lose 10 players for your 1st season”

Worsfold: “Hmm not good. Ok get me some top up players and we’ll make a fist of the season. Blood some kids, and bust a gut to prevent any carnage”

Xavier Campbell: “Great work this season John. You and the players showed real ticker under adverse circumstances”

Worsfold: “No worries, lookin forward to getting the players back for next season. Fitting them all back into the team will be challenging, coaching wise, but that’s a good problem to have”

Xavier Campbell: " Great job John to you and the players in making the finals, with all that’s gone in your first 2 years."

Worsfold:" Thanks, Sydney will be tough. Me and the coaches know our mid’s need to stand up, but we’ll have a crack"

Xavier Campbell: “Not the result we wanted John but we need to address what happened and give you help”

Worsfold: " Yeah your right. Got chopped up badly. Lacked intensity around the footy and our skills let us down causing scores from turnovers. Blind Freddy can see we need to change things. No point pretending today didn’t happen. Fitting the suspended players back in was more challenging than I thought. We were a bit of this and a bit of that, but a least we now know were things sit. There might be more pain ahead but I’m confident in makin us good footy team."

Xavier Campbell: ’ Thanks John, me and the club are 100% behind you. We have cap space so let’s see if we can address our situation by getting in some top end talent with some aggressive pre-draft trading"

Worsfold: “Sounds Good”

Al in all I think Worsfold has done a really good job. Those first 2 years would have challenged the best of them. Yes he may lack match day smarts, and we have had a few shockers this season but his leadership to our club so far has been been sensational. Surround him with smart footy people and I’m confident we will be good again.

Hell, we just beat the Evil Empire on their home deck being coached by their old coach. Their supporters will still be sooking up. How good is that? Also Fark Carlton.

8 Likes

Toughen up ffs.

So i learn nothing feom you, ironic :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like