John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

It’s stupid central in this thread

14 Likes

Greg Denham in The Australian today made this comment whilst writing about the GWS match and Hardwick’s post match comments:

“Hardwick’s dig comes a week after Essendon coach Whingeing Worsfold bleated repeatedly about the Bombers’ free-kick differential, following a loss to Collingwood.”

Unnecessary to refer to Worsfold in that tone imo.
Showing his magpie colours.

5 Likes

That’s disgraceful

8 Likes

does anyone care what he says

2 Likes

So you’re the person who reads Australian. What’s it like?

10 Likes

I reckon it’s disgraceful reporting, if for no other reason than it is inaccurate - he didn’t whinge or bleat and he wasn’t talking about umpiring repeatedly.
It exposes what Denham thinks of us and our coach.
Type of writing you would expect from Patrick Smith.

11 Likes

Denham? He should be fired from The Age, preferably by cannon.

1 Like

Fatprick? Haven’t heard from or about him for years. The world is a better place as a result.

5 Likes

Maybe it’s because he was best available should any of our kpp have to pull out before the game

Can play fwd or back and if Belly went down Smack into ruck

Pretty logical emergency and the senior side trumps anything happening at VFL level. They should have been able to beat that team regardless

1 Like

When did we win 4 on the road outside of with Sheedy by round 18.

Under Knights & Hird we always shot out of the blocks with early season wins then fell in a heap midway/three quarters of the way into the season before finals.

Not silly enough to dismiss the 5-6 weeks patch of hell early in the season, though we used to dish it up later. Outside of the Tigers game we’ve shown consistent form for ~2 months, winning 3 on the road during that time beating ladder leads west coast along with the cats & GWS.

I’d love nothing more than to win the next 6 just to shove it so deep into the arses of all the whingers around here who have an issue with Worsfold not being a past Bombers great.

The playing group look like a tighter unit on and off field than they have for close to 20 years.

11 Likes

Last time we won 4 interstate games was 2012

2013 we did too.

Crows, Freo, Eagles and Giants

If we beat Port we’ll have 5.

Wouldn’t it be great if we won five of the last six (six out of six would be even better!). Realistically, three or four seems more likely. Something to build on.
What I don’t want is another finish just in the Eight and a belting in an Elimination Final, as has happened far too often in the last 10 years.

Winning on the road is what good sides do. I thinks it’s a very positive sign that says we are developing and improving as a side.

8 Likes

Woosh said as much when quizzed on our interstate record.

We’ve been poor interstate for a long time as been a poor side in general.

At present going we are more than going ok. Still winning with 3 star forwards missing and arguably our most in form midfielder of the year also.

5 Likes

I’ll disagree with you there. Our players were arguing every mistake on the weekend, especially the first half. This has happened often this year.
I thought last year we were unified better and I think that was because our mission was basic; have fun and play attacking footy. This year however we put more expectation on ourselves and have had a defensive mindset. We’ve lost our bundle when a team puts on the same amount of pressure as us which the Suns did in the first half.

WTAF??

Aren’t you just the perfect picture of positivity.

Never forget when that prick shat himself when Parkin sought him out in a press conference and baked him for some total drivel of similar ilk.
The gutter journos gutter journo.
Absolutely irrelevant.
Says me making him relevant.

2 Likes