John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

:grin:

I know you were being facetious but on a serious note i guess this week is the best test to see if you being sanctimonious with this post backfires cos he is indeed going to have to develop some sort of different tactic to beat richmond esp seeing plan A probably won’t work as well if fanta and saad don’t play, and maybe even hooker.

I guess that is one of the main problems people have with said coaches coaching style, that it relies so heavily on your best players being out there each and every week . that’s do able if they are coked out of their heads.

When your best team isn’t out there though, said lack of tactical nous really does shine through.
so again it’s going to be a good test to see if he has learnt anything new.

1 Like

2 years

Hmmmm so Caracella will have a year to run when Worsfold is out of contract.

No-one wants any opponent to get 40 possessions, but you have to pick your battles. It’s the net result of all the contests that determines that game, not one person’s stats. Given that we won by plenty with no bench, it seems that the coaches were relatively happy to let Ross run free as things were working out in the midfield the way they were and changing that dynamic to sit on Ross might have had a negative net effect on the way we wanted to play.

Of course sometimes the opposition players just play well despite the work put into them. If the a forward kicks 6, do we assume that no effort has been put into stopping them or do we simply think that they beat their opponent on the day?

1 Like

Tagging takes a person out of your defensive system. Its better to have the extra bloke to from part of the press in defense and be an option when attacking. Thats why you dont see any teams really do it anymore.

I don’t often criticise other coaches ‘cos, you know, who cares…
But win lose or draw, the coaching for Adelaide has been appalling.
Even going down to team selection.
They have way too many players playing for themselves.

1 Like

yeahl you mock but he did absolutely nothing azt all to prevent them from gettuibng hurt fark this cluib

2 Likes

side-tilted squint

Really?
Is that supposed to be…some sort of burn?

…really?

How about we see if we can win 12 out of 23 before we suck each other off about beating St Kilda.

2 Likes

Out of 22?

Um, no. Their contracts will end at the same time as Worsfold got a 2 year extension this year

I’m old.
How many rounds is it these days?
They keep changing it.

But fine, out of 22.

23 rounds, but you only play 22 games. Can’t beat the bye (or lose to it I guess)

You’re…offering to suck me off?

Really?

I mean …really?

lop-sided horror-face

Essington: “Hold my beer”.

6 Likes

Drink

Not sure to whom or why, but it’s probably appropriate somehow.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was implied that I was not in that particular group.

Edit: also, it disturbs me that you took that from my post.
Seems kind of desperate.

You play both sides very well, padawan.

1 Like

What can I say - you do have a purdy mouth.

Well we both know that’s not true.

1 Like

If it all goes pear shape in Worsfolds final year and gets sacked I want Caracella