John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

One thing for sure… they will call it something that sounds American or basket Bally.

2 Likes

I presume if you mark it in the 18 metre four-sided zone-thingy you are then lined up directly in front of the goals as per now if you get a free/mark in the square. Yes/No?

Plenty of bell ends.

1 Like

It already is a rectangle and has been for longer than I can remember. Was there ever a time when it was actually a square?

Not that l can ever recall.

I was wondering about that too.

I’d far prefer they leave the square as is, and those rules re marking/shot, … and just put a spot 20M out on the centre line for a bloke on the mark to stand on, and go from there.

Don’t u/stand why the Square needs extending at all.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure we can rely on the umpires to make that call depending on the mood and feel of the game.
It’s these kind of nuances that make this game of ours the greatest game in the universe.

3 Likes

The theory behind it is that the further towards the middle you get the wider the ground is thus minimizing congestion and giving teams a better chance to clear their defense.

Back in the old days the Goal square was at least double the size it is now fwiw.

Nuances are where it’s at man.

Not sure you saw this^ bit …

I was just explaining the theory as you said you didn’t understand it. Wrong thread to discuss this though.

Does Mason Fletcher potentially have a hoof like is dad? Maybe the elongated rectangle (aka square) might suit the lad.

David Myers will finally be suited to the backline after all these years.

Did I?

Amazed you think so.

I quoted it in the original post.

Yes. Which was, … and remains bizarre.

:mega::mega::mega::mega::mega:

Quick glance at that article tells me we are bottom four for converting our kick ins to inside 50’s. (37 I50’s from 240 kick outs). Definitely an opportunity to improve and be interesting to see what the bigger square does.

All this talk of a bigger goal square, is this actually happening or is it just being floated?

If Gil wants it to happen it will and I’ve heard him talk about it previously