John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

You have serious issues regarding Woosha.

9 Likes

That’s very true.

Edit: grin Although a few short months ago in this very thread you said, ‘Wim was right.’
I can only assume you’re retracting that now.

1 Like

You know, I really hope that you find a way to overcome your issues regarding Woosha, I would hate for you to find it hard to enjoy winning.

1 Like

Farking love winning.
No problem there.

Edit: And not really for me to overcome the issues. They’ll either go away or, you know…something else will go away…

BY WHOM?

2 Likes

Is that to me?
And, what?
It’s very funny, though.

BY WHOM???

1 Like

I still don’t understand, but I am having a giggle fit.

just felt like posting a great moment of the season.

I don’t see wimmera as having a problem with Woosha.
Like everyone else, he wants to see results. Not hope.
We have the list in place.
If the coaching group (whether it was Bomber Thompson, Hird, Woosha, Knights or Sheedy) cannot get a decent result from this playing list, then changes need to be made.

I still have my doubts that Woosha is the right guy for us. If we don’t make finals next year, then he and the rest of the coaching group has to be questioned and critiqued.
If we don’t win a final, then I think he and the coaching group still should be questioned.

I really don’t know what will happen if we finish top 4 but go out in straight sets.

I for one am happy we are here demanding results. He has had three years of low expectations and excuses (be it valid or not). I think he’s had a long enough honeymoon period at the club. I hope he gets the most of this list.

6 Likes

I have seen enough of woosha to have some doubts.

The start of the year was an utter failure, the players had nfi on what they where supposed to be doing. Buck stops with the head coach for that. Perhaps he let neald have to much say. I don’t know. But things changed drastically when he left.

I think he is average on match day, reluctant to make moves. I understand moving players around everywhere all the time unsettles the team. But I think he takes it to far.

I also understand he may have a longer term goal and mechanisms will be built in latter. When the game plan becomes more ingrained into the team. I hope this is the case…

But as it stands this weekness often makes us to predictable, and to slow to adapt against more experienced sides.

I do however think if he has the right people around him we can still be successful. He is very level headed, patient, good with the media, and seems to have good report with the players.

3 Likes

I don’t mind Woosha but the planning of 2018 was pretty poor even though it was with good intentions.
We knew we had to get better defensively to prevent high scores and reduce swings in games. We trained more defensive methods and structures while around the ball we trained a physicality brand to prevent teams getting it out easy.
The issue however was the messaging, we went from an attacking mindset to defensive. We went from taking risks to protecting.
Our learning focus turned into a mindset and that’s on the coaches. Coaching team and planning should have had preventive measures in place to maintain the attacking mindset. We could of had a better start to the season if we ended our preseason on focusing on attack or making it clear that we’ve put in the work defensively and to trust it and maintain our 2017 style.
We did end up resolving it so lessons were learnt but it was a bad supporter experience to have another season of what could have been.
I’m not sure what the focus is this year but I don’t think our mindset will revert back to a negative defensive one. I think with the runner rule change, team bonding and sharing of responsibilities will be a big focus. I think a lot of our training and learnings will be constant to what we’ve already worked on since Woosha being there and will see a more consistent output.

1 Like

paging @Alan_Noonan_10

1 Like

Considering you are not privy to our coaches thoughts, intentions, methods, aims etc, that is a massive collection of personal opinions masquerading/presented as fact.

6 Likes

The last para raises some interesting points.
We’re either ahead of the changes with Woosha’s responsible player mantra.
Or, we desperately need a replacement for BJ’s pointing role.
Thoughts?

Who is our tackling coach??? Urrr!!! I think we need someone.

It’s his thoughts. How he sees it viewing from a fair. He never said it was fact. If we can’t post something like that what’s the point of been on here?

I valued his thoughts, and tend to be thinking similar.

4 Likes

He never once said it was his opinion. It was presented as fact.

Of course we all have opinions, that’s why we are here. Just say it’s your opinion. It’s not hard.

1 Like

I’d think a forum would be the other way around, state it as fact when you know it to be so.

99.99% of posts here are speculative bullshit from tragics with no life.

8 Likes

2 Likes