John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Sigh…

The current Essendon team rotates players through positions as much as anyone, and more than any Essendon team in history

Unfortunately if it’s not the full back going to full forward, or a Sheedy style throw the magnets and see where they stick scenario, most people are completely incapable of recognising it.
Woosha is someone who sticks by his plan and process, yes. But that doesn’t mean him and his coaching team don’t make moves.

Woosha’s moves are largely proactive, rather than reactive, but apparently that doesn’t get you any credit with the fans

5 Likes

We had no ariel presence in the fwd line at times this year, with no smack, or jd. We had a contested beast who can play fwd at chb but he refused to shift him fwd. All the while we where dominating inside 50s

Or when he did it was to late. Just one example.

Yes we rotate a lot though the midfeild and I applaud that.

Have to laugh.
Worsfold maintaining the backline structure by leaving Hooker there (for the most part, he had short stints forward) was one of the best things I thought Worsfold did last year.
That and his use of Stringer, I was real impressed with.

3 Likes

Plus the moves are often subtle tweaks in game style rather a player moving position. It’s the same for most clubs these days.
Most supporter bases bag their coaches for not making moves when their team loses

1 Like

I agree shifting him back was a good move, and it stablized the team at the time. But there where times when Stringer was the only key fwd we had. And when it clearly wasn’t working he wouldn’t shift hooker fwd. Or if he did it was to late. A couple of times when he did shift him fwd hooks almost won us games.

When you have a player with that much flexibility. Use it

Just gonna have to disagree.
imo, Hooker goes missing for massive amounts of the game when he’s played forward.
And his set shots are worse than Danihers.
Love him thrown forward for quick impact.
Hate him starting or mainly playing there.

8 Likes

Game strategy was adequate post round 8. Not amazing, but certainly within the spectrum of a side still trying to learn.

Particularly given the player changes in the forward 50.

1 Like

I love Hooker going forward with 8 minutes to go when we are 41 points down

2 Likes

I like how he was coaching when they strung all those wins together.

3 Likes

It is my opinion based on factual information. That was the directive from the club.
I assume here everyone’s comments are their opinion unless stated otherwise.

Shhhhhh!

5 Likes

That’s because he was delisted in 2015.

4 Likes

Wow. Barnz. Just wow.

Where’d the gif of me working out whether my post was the decent one in a thousand go?

It just looks mean now.

Silly blitz.

1 Like

Unless it’s in the Herald Sun…

Devon Smith

3 Likes

I think sharing the load of leadership will never be greater. Runners were vital in directing players and sitting in holes. Relationships between coaching and players will increase. Complete faith and trust from coach to leader to player will be so important in getting the edge over an opponent in the low scoring games.
I see the gap getting bigger between young teams and experienced teams.
In times of need people rely on/want leadership. Safe haven, understanding of reality, growth mindset and agile methodology is required.

Are you on ecstacy

Maybe we should all get on it.

1 Like

I think overbearing empathy is needed round here at times