John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

As compared to … ??

Absolute tripe.

1 Like

It’s not. Can clearly see the players aren’t playing for the coach. You could see in the opening 5 minutes that most couldn’t give a damn out there today

2 Likes

As you all know, I try to be positive in all situations, especially around coaching. That said…

I can accept losing round 1, a lot of the top teams lose, round 1 isn’t where the season is won. I can also accept skills not be at their greatest, players can take some time to get their groove going, seen that with the top teams this weekend.

Where I have an issue is effort and commitment. When a team comes out and does not appear to be making any sort of effort then you know something is very wrong. It’s the first game of the season, effort should be at a premium, passion for starting the game again should be high. Mistakes will be made but the effort won’t stop. The legs will get tired but the effort will still be there.

What I saw today was a team that could not have been bothered playing. They did not seem to care at all.

When your ruckment tries to tap (if I can call it trying, just being generous) but then stops dead, watches the play, pulls up his pants every single friggin time and then does NOTHING after that, then you have a massive issue. Lots of that going on all game, not just T-Bell but a lot of the other players too.

Yes that is most definitely on the players, no getting away from that. But even higher it is on the coaching group. That was an abysmal effort by everyone except the boot studders at that club.

16 Likes

See last post.

I hope your happy worsfold, you have even turned Ice to the dark side.

Welcome aboard

5 Likes

Thought swinging Francis forward when we were 12 goals down was very imaginative and forward thinking

12 Likes

Start of the third quarter and we need quick goals to make a game of it and the only two blokes that could possibly kickstart us are sitting on the pine. Stringer and Fantasia. This guy is an AFL plant.

What are the chances we’ve been taught another contrived overcomplicated gameplan over summer that the players fkn hate and are incapable of implementing?

Why do we have no other options when the corridor is clogged up? What is plan B? Why does no one want to go in and get the footy?!?

6 Likes

Bomb it long to Tippa! That’s a great strategy Woosh. Real maestro stuff

1 Like

The first quote from the presser “you dont expect to come out in round one and dish up a performance like that.”

Ummm - all of us with HALF a brain a quarter of an eye could see the writing on the wall after 2 abysmal practice matches…and you and captain dreadlocks kept telling us everything was fine!?

Just admit the game went past you years and years ago.

8 Likes

I get that and fair enough, but I really don’t know where else you can lay lacklustre effort/underdone display in the first round. Coaching groups job to get them up and ready, the 2 JLT games offered plenty of warning.

I don’t rate him as a coach, but finals this year is the minimum for mine. Honeymoon/probation over. Got a good enough list, get them playing well enough or get in someone else and see if they can.

3 Likes

if you read enough here, nothing is ever anyone’s fault!

Give him another extension!

1 Like

Gotta go.

He’s had 4 months to get this side ready for round 1, and they are 2 months behind the worst side in the competition… Gold Coast.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing about Jake and Raz at the ground and so were a heap of other supporters at the ground

The ball was in our forward 50 for the first 10 mins. Wasted 3 easy chances and they went forward and goaled

Don’t know what you were watching

2 Likes

Someone please post this blokes press conference.

I can’t wait to hear what he has to say.

We kicked 1 point before their first goal. There was several players walking around and refusing to play near an opponent and are you forgetting their first goal in which they transitioned from one end to the other whilst our pathetic midfield were all walking around in the middle of the ground?

No even sure about that. Saw a few players slip over.

AFL has banned screw ins and long studs. You will see a lot of players slipping over all season in all games.

But mostly Essendon players.