John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Thought it was interesting when he said that he hadn’t spoken to Baguely about the incident.

Is it normal for the coaches not to speak to players with stuff like this?

2 Likes

It’s normal for Worsfold to play a dead bat.

5 Likes

a little bit of emotion. and crankiness with journos.

bring on angry whoosh.

sink or swim

5 Likes

I like that he was a bit more combative but i didn’t like the bullshit about “good teams are coach driven and great teams are player driven”.

It’s not one or the other John. You need both and how about we start with the coaches driving some improvement?

2 Likes

It’s an amazing philosophy that going from bad to great is a better plan than going from bad to good to great.

2 Likes

this is something I have never seen before.

Any link to that presser? Cheers.

Essendon website/app

1 Like

Thanks.

Yes, Worsfold plays a dead bat to the media most times but I doubt he spoke to Baguley anyway. Just don’t think he’s got it in him (stand offish). And if true, therein lies one of his failings as a senior coach. Imagine the message (I do care) he sends to the group by checking in on a player under siege?

Great presser. Just love the way he goes about it, throwing it back on the media flogs when they think they’ve got a Gotcha question lined up, & basically telling them all to GAGF.

I was lmao at this one.

5 Likes

I loved that press conference. About time he got antsy, he was always good at it out West. Keep getting stuck into them Woosha.

6 Likes

Having to attend a presser when the team has turned to ■■■■ must be a bummer and he sure was ■■■■■■ off

However the more I hear from him the more depressed I become

3 Likes

Was that west coast journo he hates there

Same. Nothing about that presser gives me any confidence in Woosha whatsoever.

Man, he was prickly. Questions about Neeld, communication issues between coaches, whether he was safe in his job, not knowing about the coffee chinwag between Clarko and Gill the Dill, 6 forced changes comment, etc.

2 Likes

Yep. I get that he doesn’t have to give them a thing

Trouble is he’s giving us nothing either

2 Likes

I actually thought he was good. Didnt take any rubbish, dished some out.

Lit up when he spoke about the players.

LID OFF

6 Likes

So worsfold hasn’t had a chat to bags? Great man management there

1 Like