John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

I agree with it though. All the great teams of the past decades (Essendon 2000s, Brisbane early 2000s, Hawthorn 2013-15) had on field leaders capable of making tactical moves during the game. Let’s get one thing straight, we have quite a lot of senior talent in the 24-30 age bracket that should be better on field leaders and they aren’t.

2 Likes

And how would that be any different to any other person in the AFL?

Sheeds would have done the same thing (given us nothing) he just would have done it in a different way.

Stop believing anything they say, you will be on the way to working out the truth.

2 Likes

i don’t believe that for one second. i think it’s an easy way to deflect away from the topic.

1 Like

May well have, … & it’s just that he thinks it’s nobody’s business whether he has or not. I reckon he hates all these priks and his guiding philosophy is tell then nothing & there’s no story, except for the story he wants out there.

Like what?? Here’s our exact strategy, this is our secret plan??

It’s circle the wagons time,… shut the fk up, and get to work time. He said all he needed to, … you know, …when he finally got asked a question actually related to his job.

6 Likes

:+1:

Spot on.

good dig at journos for the lamb/baguley situation.

3 Likes

ps. sam maclure is a farking twat.

4 Likes

cough
mi mi mi…
One. One Two.

NOBODY ■■■■■■■ CARES WHAT OUR EXACT STRATEGY OR SECRET PLAN IS WE ARE NOT CONTENDERS THE OTHER TEAMS WILL HAVE AT LEAST HALF A YEAR TO WATCH AND LEARN IT ANY PLAN THAT NEEDS TO BE SECRET TO SUCCEED IS WORTHLESS GET THE ■■■■ OVER YOURSELF YOU ■■■■■■■ HACKS.

And…scene.

4 Likes

Should have got the wagons circled before 2-6

The horse has bolted

I liked the press conference.

Angry Woosh was the one I was expecting when we got him.

7 Likes

Sydney game plan: Smash the clearances, McVeigh/Shaw/Lloyd in the backline, have the best full forward in the league.

That’s been their game plan for twenty years.

Oh…better keep our game plan a secret.
Does anyone care what North’s friggin’ game plan is?

Not only are the great teams great because of their onfield leaders, the whole concept of ‘strong club culture’ is driven by the current playing group who are supported by the coaching staff. We used to think that our exceptional history fed a strong club culture (of continuing success). But it doesn’t. We collapsed when Sheedy & Hird left in 2007 as there was a vacuum of leadership - both on and off-field.
Coaches can turn recruits into good players and also influence their leadership styles. But that’s a support act. Good administrators can employ the right people and not get in the way of onfield success, but the players are overwhelmingly the key component. We still don’t have a strong leadership group - Joe & Zach are integral but have other issues to deal with, as do Hooker & Hurls.

1 Like

Tense and terse presser. Given our current week and the season to date that wasn’t a surprise.
Reckon he channeled a bit of Bomber and Sheeds.
But the pièce de résistance was his channeling of Margaret Thatcher when he asked for names. Loved it.

2 Likes

She was a right ■■■■

2 Likes

Was her first name Wanda ?

So you were ■■■■ blocked even back then?

1 Like

That aboy Woosha, that’s more like it. Now that’s how you create a brand, on that back of being a c*nt… quite seriously, good on him, good presser.

2 Likes

Did anyone hear the Hirdy & Crawf podcast, where Crawf said
“we lost a game to the swans” against Paul Roos and at the match review the following week, Clarko said he was out coached, and the players did exactly what he wanted them to do it wasnt their fault they lost it was his, then he punched himself and nearly knocked himself out…the meeting was over.

6 Likes

Wat

2 Likes