John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

I hope so, I really do

How much does Woosha interact with the players? Twice now he has been asked about specific players actions (Baguley and mckenna) and replied with "I wasn’t really aware of it"and “I haven’t spoken to him yet”. Now I realise there’s a good chance he is just saying that to deflect questions but it gives the impression that he is quite remote from the playing group - certainly on an individual basis.

You do realise he constantly gives the media nothing

It’s like when coaches say they “didn’t see the incident” when something happens on field

3 Likes

Why would you give these bottom feeders a headline. I happy he gives them nothing.

4 Likes

People must of forgotten how it all fell apart for him at west coast, the media broke him.

not culture but on how to run a successful footy club.

Id argue Clarkson was great for hawthorn but they have been a consistently decent side for a long time. they so it well as much as we hate em.

I think Adelaide are the same. very good football team.

Sorry. Say that again?

I have heard some things internally. Would not be surprised if Worsfold walks and there is no payout.

Some beltings may exacerbate the process.

Just feels like such a shame to be at round 8 with almost 2/3rds of the season to go and we have completely wasted it.

If that is the case, then I hope work is being put into identifying (and subtlety attracting) the best replacement now.

1 Like

People must of forgotten how it all fell apart for him at west coast, the media broke him.

The media broke him? You must have been living in a parallel universe if you believe the media, particularly the Perth media had anything at all to do with him leaving West Coast.

2 Likes

Are you saying the Perth media are not as conniving & venomous as the Melbourne media ?

I’m saying the media didn’t have any bearing on Worsfold leaving West Coast.

Worsfold left at the perfect time for west coast. Team bottomed out, he took them to finals again, they collapsed the season after and Worsfold was gone. If he clung on any longer it would have been too long.

No bearing whatsoever ? Bullshite.

They finished last in 2010, 4th in 2011, 5th in 2012, Quit in 2013.

1 Like

came 13th in 2013 and quit at the end of the season. so basically mirrors what i was saying.

Can you expand on this at all? Has Worsfold actually indicated this or are people internally just guessing?

This is consistent with @Cgates post the other day that he’s gone and won’t need to be sacked.

People internally guessing and I can guarantee Cgates and I don’t have the same sources. It sounds like this is all coming to an end sooner rather than later. I just hope within this mess we can still salvage some positives out of the season.

hmmm…yes…hopefully.

So if I’m reading what you’re saying correctly, it could happen before the end of the season if things keep going the same way.