John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Doe is just so popular. If you look at the list of likes per post he is so far ahead. He could take a dump on screen and he’d still get 20 likes.

2 Likes

it was my Seinfeld post

4 Likes

I like him getting up the press. They have been freely diggin into ESS for year with us trying to play nice. It’s about time we called them on their bullshit.

1 Like

Possibly taking his own advice regarding “brand”.

The more our coaches, players, management and supporters tell everyone else to get farked, one way or another, the better. With the possible exception of umpires (the Dustin Fletcher exception), cos that never ends well.
IMHO

3 Likes

What about the fans?

6 Likes

especially the fans. and on guelfi’s case ESPECIALLY DONNINGTON

edit: donnington might actually like that.

I’m happy to leave Fujitsu out of this

2 Likes

I preferred the last presser over the previous one. Deservedly antagonistic. Seriously, you come to a press conference as a paid journo and ask the coach if he prefers the well performing team or the one that played like ■■■■■!?

Lmfao. Sums up current journalism.

11 Likes

The grey hair in 2016 indicates he learned nothing from dealing with the Chinese leadership over the 6 years.

Genuine question imo.

I guess so, likewise is “So Jon, do you like a fine meal at your favourite restaurant, or a swift kick in the nuts?”
Both valid questions a “journalist” could ask I suppose.

4 Likes

I’d be very surprised if @Bomb_Doe got any more than half a dozen likes if he posted an image of himself taking a poo. He’d get at 10+ likes if he posted a picture of himself mid-poo, like Brisbane’s poo runner.

Really?
Good on ya.

The genuine question is which style of playing does he prefer, the one we played for the first eight weeks, or the one we played this week.

1 Like

Gee, I wonder what his answer could be.

Wim, it’s not a question if the answer is obvious to both interviewer and interviewee. It’s a headline, a leading statement posed as a question so the journalist can get the exact quote he was after.

It’s not at all obvious to me.
I would not be one bit surprised to see us go back to our previous game plan at any time.
This week, or the next, or the next.

Unless of course you’re one of the few who believes last week was the same plan as previously, and that it’s simply been a matter of form or commitment.
I could see how the question might seem, I don’t know, unnecessary? if that were your position.

It’s not mine, so I’d have been interested in an answer.

How the club plays next week is irrelevant to the question the journalist asked. I agree with you, I fear we will slip back into old habits this week. Hopefully not.

My post, and without speaking for Saladin, his post was the rubbish quality of journalism and journalists asking lazy questions and wondering why they receive a prickly response.

Asking a coach which style of football the prefer, winning or losing is dead set lazy. A more interesting way of asking the same question would have been, “so jon, the style of football this week as opposed to the previous 8 looked poles apart, could you let us in on why you think that is, how you were able to get the team playing such exciting football this week?”

Same question, but I reckon woosh would have answered it.

3 Likes

I agree that would have been a better way to put it.
Perhaps I misread the question as Saladin posted it, too.

If not though, not only is it not irrelevant click bait, it’s actually the only question anyone would want asked.

1 Like

What if he photo shopped Mila Kunis’ eyes and butt into the pic? How many likes then?

1 Like