John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Because the kne who got dumped on the most got the ■■■■

Blitz didnt fix us, but blitz did say (amongst other things):

• change the game plan
  • play the kids
  • sack neeld

I was advocating to give players like Lav and Langford extended time in the seniors and if they still cant show anything this season get rid of them.

6 Likes

And so he should be.

A mixture of things, played some youngsters, cut some dead wood, got rid of that sh11tie game plan and there was a lot of under current going on in the media about us.

Added a few more for you, because they may have slipped your mind.

17 Likes

Sack Bags.
Bellcho is soft.
Hooker forward.
Hooker back.

Preeeetty much everyone copped it.

3 Likes

It’s such a good thing that they heed Blitz, otherwise - the club would really be farked.

4 Likes
  • Zerrett needs to be dropped because he made a mistake
  • Hepp needs to be played at half back because something midfield something.

We would have about 3 guys on the list. And 2 of them would be in the VFL.

3 Likes

Hence the part “amongst other things” or did that slip your mind too?

The VFL??? With those Cardigan brothers coaching?

1 Like

Nothing slips my mind.
Nothing.
My mind is like a steel trap.
A rusty, broken, steel trap.

1 Like

I don’t know about any of that.
My main calls were-
Hooker back.
Tippa’s injured.
Daniher doesn’t look right.
This game plan is absolute junk.
Go back to basics.
We have the cattle.

Happy to stand by all of that.

5 Likes

Yes, you’ve been very strong on Worsfold not being sacked. Very firm.

3 Likes

Of course I wanted him sacked.
He kneecapped our season.
What do you want me to do, send him a flower basket?

4 Likes

Oh.
It just looked like you omitted to list it above.
I’ve checked, and now I see you did.
Silly me.

2 Likes

100% this is going to end with an angry PM exchange.

4 Likes

It’s really not.

I wanted the entire coaching panel stuffed into the cannon.

I want a finals win. I stand by my cannon threats until we achieved it - we have a decent list.

2 Likes

…and (for two weeks at least), many of the justified criticisms have been addressed, after Worsfold loaded our season into the infamous Blitz-canon and fired it into the sun.

Neeld was a problem and he was fired because of it.

Joe Daniher was playing like crap and offered nothing for 8 rounds and was finally rested. Low and behold our forwardline looks a billion times better with fit players who can actually run, contest and tackle.

Hurley was racking up stats and little else. Our best 2 games of the year have come with literally nobody playing the ‘role’ he was apparently assigned for the first 8 weeks and we have looked a billion times better for it.

The team got roasted for playing like a bunch of soft-■■■■■ who wouldn’t run, wouldn’t defend and couldn’t tackle, finally they respond for 2 consecutive weeks and almost set a record pressure rating for 2 rounds in stark contrast to the absolute ■■■■ they served up for the first 8 weeks. Never has criticism been more justified.

Myers and Parish were adding basically nothing to the side and finally got dropped and our midfield goes and puts in its two best performances by far for the year…

There’s more but its a moot point, the last 2 wins have been great but it means very little if we don’t achieve the pass mark this year which is a finals win.

7 Likes

Keep up this ruthless style of play and I am happy.

I stand by everything I said about worsfold. Hoping like hell he proves me wrong.

2 weeks of awesome football doesn’t make up for the awful start. But it’s a good beginning.

Sacking of neeld seems to of been the wake up call that coaches and players needed, they have all been put on notice and are responding