John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

What’s interesting is they went to taranto, hopper and said your it, it’s up to you to drive the midfield. And they did. With some leadership from Coniglio and Whitfield.

We could have said the same to McGrath, Parish, Langers, Clarke/Mutch and moved the senior guys to the flanks or kept rehabbing them. Heck even Myers could have been given the role to lead the youth in the middle. But we didn’t.

We don’t appear to have any faith at all in our younger player being able to step up for a week or two.

3 Likes

I did say somewhat!

Kerr strikes me as the guy who would have snorted or swallowed anything!

1 Like

When you’re in the habit of hanging ■■■■ on everyone, it really stings when the shoe’s on the other foot.

-Stands up-

No, I’m Spartacus an idiot.

3 Likes

Just one of the many off field incidents during his playing career

Are we tanking? Just asking!

Depends if you go on “widely tipped” or use your own eyes.

1 Like

That’s nice.

Well done Woosha, turned them around. Now it’s tine to keep them going in the right direction.

5 Likes

Don’t reckon he’d be pleased with conceding +100 points at any time but it’s tempered somewhat after a win.

1 Like

The players forgot how hard the game is apparently. Not sure I buy that one. But if that’s it I’ll take it

So about the latest presser - firstly - what the hell is that Lonestar Saloon set they’re using? Is it cowboy week or something?

And - this time, did anyone see the coach’s emotions bubbling underneath?

1 Like

Seemed short with a couple of them which is good. I only heard a bit on the radio but he did seem a bit frustrated with a couple of the questions they were trying to insinuate.

I prefer prickly John. Needs to hold the journos to account as well

1 Like

Who said that?

It was interesting, he was more like the old prickly Woosha, not the one trying to remain calm and composed.

This was a good game for the team, and a nice win. The ‘From the Coach’ email arrives early when we win. We hear:

“Attack the game”
“Put goals on the scoreboard”

from Woosha.
FMD.
I am not (yet) convinced.

never gonna bag Worsfold again after seeing that abomination that Goodwin has put together!:smile:

That would have to be the worst team defending, defensive running/structured effort from a seemingly decent team I have seen in a long time.

Didnt learn a helluva lot form us, we know a lot of the things we can do when allowed to and given the corridor (or they picked a team that physically cant defend it).

1 Like

Yeah Browne was asking slightly loaded questions and Woosh was short with the first one and had a bit of a crack at him with the second one. I like prickly Worsfold too.

1 Like

Credit where it is due, he coached quite well last night. For mine, the best aspect of his coaching last night was player positioning. Started Hepps in the guts & gave Parish, Walla, Raz, etc stints on the ball. In other words, he brought players into the game. Important players.

It will take a lot more for me to change my opinion on his coaching ability, but well done, Woosha, for last night.

p.s. Please leave Ridley in.

8 Likes

One thing about Worsfold and his pressers is that he is does not deviate. Our WA BBlitzers have indicated this is how he has always done things.

He is consistent that he and the club know what they are doing and those outside are just guessing - hence his put down of Tom Brown.

People here have speculated that he has lost the players and they don’t run through brick walls for him. But no one has indicated they know this first hand.

The other thing he is consistent with is that he puts a lot of the onus back on to the players to do the right thing. Shown by his comment last night about the players thinking their good pre-season meant they were expecting to just turn up win games was wrong and they had to work hard for their wins (words to that effect).

Does he have all the answers?I don’t know. But I like his steady resolve. I think he does a lot more than what people think he does. And while he is the head coach and the buck stops with him, he has a number of well paid assistants to also do their part properly. Plus the players do carry a lot of responsibility. End of the day they are the ones who have to do the actual kicking, handballing, marking, goal shooting, tacking and standing and running to the right places. The coaches take them to the water but they can’t make them drink.

So, in summary, I’m happy for Worsfold to be our coach and I’m happy to back him to do the right thing for this side.

13 Likes