John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Let’s be perfectly honest here. Once Woosha threw out the BS defensive strategies of R1 & R2, stopped coaching and gave 100% freedom to the players, we have looked fantastic and won games. In other words, he should just leave the players to themselves. Hell, he could even dial in a few pregame words of encouragement, etc. This is a team that plays well with very little tinkering and when it is allowed to play to its strengths. :laughing:

This started out as a joke, but I’m kinda convincing myself that there is a kernel of truth here. :thinking:

6 Likes

I agree with your point here. It’s ridiculous to say that we beat North therefore we’re the best.

It’s equally ridiculous to be calling for the coach’s head after a Round 1 loss (even a bad loss) playing interstate against a top 8 team from last year. Or even after a JLT game (not saying you did either of these because you’re a very reasonable guy, but plenty did).

Both responses are dumb dumb dumb.

But if you’re a person who in a reactionary way thinks the coach is rat-sh/t after a bad loss, then you should, if you have any integrity, acknowledge they might be ok after a good win. Many in here have actually done this in the last few weeks and that’s great. I think the failure of some here to do the same is just plain funny

4 Likes

Who says Worsfold doesn’t bring in youth.

38 Likes

Can’t believe people are fighting after a good win.

3 Likes

Not pictured: David Myers

2 Likes

Pragmaticism has no place here SMJ. When we win everyone celebrates and it’s led by the players, and when we lose or arent playing well we look at who we should sack and tell ourselves we don’t have a good enough list.

He’s there. The kids made it through ok. Can’t ask for more than that.

He’s just off camera, doing the throat cutting gesture to anyone who even LOOKS at those damn kids

1 Like

Woosha on form in the presser.

Reporter asks what happened after round 1 to explain current form, Answer: I’ve already told you go back and look at the tapes (word to that effect).

8 Likes

Prickly John = Great John

4 Likes

He’s the only coach in the league who seems more irritated after we win than after we lose. I actually love that

12 Likes

matches us

4 Likes

19 Likes

When we win, we try to be positive and let the supporters enjoy the win.

When we lose, we talk about the issues as we see them. We were the worst team in the competition in the first two rounds, literally the worst I have ever seen us play.

Some of us believe we have a great list and are underperforming. We were terribly inconsistent last season and we believe Worsfold isn’t a terribly good coach, and I base this off all of his years at West Coast.

People trying to stir up ■■■■ after a win is the reason for arguments.

4 Likes

Far out, can’t everyone just enjoy the win and save any I told you so’s etc for at least the next day at a minimum

We won!BE HAPPY!

5 Likes

Because the players have ignored him for three straight weeks!

Anyone else hear the player after the game say they are just “playing instinctive footy now”. Yes John “Defense” Worsfold farked the season up again at the start. History is doomed to repeat itself thanks to ignorance.

I think we are starting to see the influence of Rutten.

Our defence seems a lot tighter all over the ground we are also starting to become really good at winning the 50/50 ground balls.

5 Likes

Our defensive efforts were soft today. Maybe setting up better defensively. Hard to say from tv.

So many 50-50 balls we went half arsed at. We looked to just get through today and credit to the players for delivering the killer blow without going in really hard.

Those slamming John, the players efforts and the club weren’t waiting till even the end of the games in the first 2 rounds. It’s fair game IMV

1 Like