John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Worsfold’s selection of the umpires today was shocking. I told you this game would be decided at the selection table.

2 Likes

Obviously Joe was the only alternative on the day
My issue is more with the amount of time Daniher spent on Grundy.
And how early in the game it was.
And that when Daniher was on Grundy, if Bellchambers wasn’t on the bench then I don’t know where he was, but it certainly wasn’t deep forward where we needed him.

But again, bad match-ups happen. I’m sure they happened to Buckley today.
As I said, I think he coached very, very well. I don’t agree with those who think Buckley beat him.

2 Likes

Deal with it I will but I’ve never completely lost my bundle at umpiring. When I see 3 instances in an hour when every player believes a free is paid and it’s play on then the game has gone beyond its uniqueness and ambiguous interest level. When majority of coaches call out stuff to support their team and our coach says pips squeak I question our coach not the umpires. Thinking very hard there is not one thing I can think of that Woosha has influenced or introduced the club or the AFL.

3 Likes

Yes I could not find the Matthew Knight Gif of dealing with it.

1 Like

Would love to know what he was saying to the playing group on the ground straight after the game today. Looked pretty passionate.

They were together in a huddle with him for at least a minute or two.

2 Likes

Ah I get you now. I didn’t really think about him playing on Grundy rather than Cox. I suppose that helps Belly out, but I’m with you Joe is to important to get beaten up by the good rucks.

Hopefully the moment the penny finally drops and we go on to cement a spot in the top 4

Bellchambers plays significantly better when he’s the sole ruck (ie when Clarke or McKernan isn’t playing)

1 Like

The subjective rules are exactly what’s holding our game back. The rule.changes have made it even more subjective and harder to umpire.

Subjective rules also makes it easier to manufacture a result. Not saying that’s what happens. But sometimes I wonder

2 Likes

I thought his comment in the press conference where he “was sure the crowd were frustrated but didn’t know what at” was a very non subtle dig at the umpiring. And about the best you’ll get from a coach these days

11 Likes

I agree 100%

Pretty sure we have a bigger fan base per capita than most sports and the games are more entertaining than most sports.

How many sports have nearly 100k people attend?

Umpiring luck and an oval shaped ball make our less precise game one we can all get swept up in.

“Balll!!!” … “Yesss!!!”

If I had a dollar for every tv remote I have thrown through the TV.

Adrenaline would not be flowing if the crowd were screaming “good call umpire” “well officiated” “solid interpretation” …

2 Likes

Would love to ask him why we start so timidly on ANZAC Day and why every year Collingwood come out of the blocks and switched on whilst we look a mile off it.

3 Likes

“We are still learning”

The game will never grow internationally until the rules are less subjective.

1 Like

Would loved to have heard Sheeds prezzer after a game like that.

Must have moved his family across from Perth in the week between the Saints & Dees game.
And they must have moved back this week.

2 Likes

Possibly fiddling with the loads/rotations to keep Belly fresh?

It seemed to me that Bellcho played almost all the 2nd half - and almost matched Grundy.

I think you’re right.
I think it’s also pretty clear that they didn’t get it right, but this harping on one thing really is unbecoming.

We could, for example, focus on how well our backline match-ups went, which was always going to be very tricky.

1 Like

I would LOVE, for someone of some significance at the club to grow a pair and come out to at least QUESTION those dodgy decisions.