John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Stewart Dew is no Bluey.

Stewart Dew looks like he ate Bluey.

10 Likes

Nobody is untouchable. That’s a stupid thing to say. But Hepp and Hurls would be best 22 at any club in the AFL. If you don’t realise that you’re hardly worth arguing with.

1 Like

Worsfold ?

Same Old Soupbone.

It’s not an argument, just trying to have a discussion.

We don’t have any decent draft picks, we will need to trade players to either get new players in or get some draft picks

1 Like

Sorry i’m still cranky. As flat as you are on them at the moment, they’re way to good to let go. We might get some later picks for guys like Langford, Parish & Franga. Sucks to lose young players but would put us in a very strong position come trade/draft time. You can’t get rid of all you’re experienced players or you become Gold Coast.

Edit* you also can’t trade out all your young players or you become Sydney.

1 Like

Why stop here?
Danhiher is inconsistent and injury prone
Shiels disposal efficiency is poor
Merrett struggles with the tag
Walla is inconsistent and only plays well on a big ground
Fantasia is injury prone

4 Likes

Careful, people will think you’re serious and run with it.

It’s funny, you asked a question. I gave an honest answer. No need to be a sarcastic fark stick.

Why don’t you put your balls on the line and say who are of the older brigade you would keep and why

1 Like

Best call ever

NO, he didn’t Bluey got a good position with an AFL reference in Cricket Vic. Not in the AFL anymore.

Every senior player gets moved on eventually - and in most cases their clubs win jack.

People on forums love the idea of chop 3-4 old guys = insta-flag, because it’s an easy 10 second sound bite and it gives them a nice easy simple target.
Young = good, old = bad.

Never had it explained how arbitrarily chopping old guys and giving young guys a free ride is meant to breed a culture.

3 Likes

Nobody is saying chopping the old guys will result in a flag. The senior players at this club have shown time and time again that under pressure they wilt.why continue with players who have shown they aren’t good enough to go the next step

We need experienced players who set the right example on the field and off the field.

Is it any coincidence that the guys who have been some of our best players when things go bad ,we have traded in from other clubs

Really grasping at straws.
Stringer, Smith and Shiel all had dog nights. Saad was pretty good.

2 Likes

Nah I’m not a sarcastic fark stick. I’m a pragmatic ■■■ hole.
Because of this quite debilitating affliction I reserve the option of not entering into a tit for tat engagement which achieves nothing and is frankly disrespectful to this group of players. What I will maintain though is that each of these players holds more value to us than what they are likely to yield in a trade arrangement. I also appreciate the role individually that each contribute to the cultural fabric of the current playing group and would caution a hasty exit catalysed by an inconsistent start to the season but maintain that a full and through analysis and review of the playing list needs to take place at the end of the year.

1 Like

Not grasping at straws at all. They might of not been great last night, but they have been some of our best performers this season. Smith might not be at his best but he won our B n F last season.

Yes. What they said.

We’d be so damned good if we had literally 3 players, no administrators, no recruiters and no coaches.

They’re all holding us back. And as we all know, cutting someone who’s only OK (or even pretty good) at their job instantly means their successor will be a superstar.

Just ask Blitz.

4 Likes

Lol, you still don’t have the balls to actually state who you would keep and why.

But that’s ok, keep giving snide remarks to all who are actually prepared to give their opinion.

I would be curious what you think is going wrong.

And please don’t tell me it’s delivery into our forward 50 that’s held us back for over a decade.