John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Yep you need multiple ways to win a game. Been uttlerly predictable everyweek ain’t going to win you many games of footy.

Football now is all about, systems, and structures. And the teaching the systems and structures.

A team full of stars with poor systems will be beaten by a well coached team of solid footballers nine times out of ten.

We have one way we can play and that’s it. Either our systems and structures on other ways of how to play are terrible. Or the conveying of them to the players is.

I think it’s a little of both but more of the latter.

1 Like

Myers
Zaharakis
Baguley
Long

2 Likes

Hell, a team of sht footballers with a good system would get six or seven Ws.

Ricky Henderson got 36 fkn touches and 10 marks yesterday.

Ricky Henderson.

Ricky “Got Delisted By Adelaide” Henderson.

Fk me.

4 Likes

3 correct.

Dea

1 Like

Yep. I never thought I’d say the words I admire what Richmond have done but I do! Their system won them unwinnable matches against port and Freo based on personnel they had out. Their system, their intent to hunt and unrelenting will to apply pressure for them the results against the odds. That was a terrific win yesterday given they had structural pillars missing (Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Short, Grigg etc) and copped another two in match injuries they stuck To the task and executed brilliantly.

The hawks are another case study entirely. Lost to the bottom side last week and comprehensively dismantled a contender who on the surface are much more talented. System, intent, pressure and execution. Just brilliant if you’re a supporter of either of those teams. Bitter pill to swallow as an EFC supporter watching two arch enemies pull off memorable wins while we go down, yet again, to the bottom placed team. Fkg heart wrenching.

12 Likes

Except EFC is winning the inside 50’s count which disputes your assertion about run and gun off the half back line - The primary issue is skill execution and movement in the forward half.

Of course the reference point is Shiel making poor disposal decisions, but that is more likely a product of the forward line muddle. He doesn’t know where or who to kick it to.

tbf Roughead is cooked as a player has nothing do with Clarkson making a statement imo.

1 Like

I reckon a sign of good coaching is the number of close games you win. A team is put in a tight contest and you do anything to get the team over the line. The Hawks, Cats and Swans have been excellent in always seeming to win the close ones over the past decade.

Here is Essendon’s record since R1 2017…

Games won by under 18pts = 4
Games lost by under 18pts = 11

I’ll leave you all to ponder that one…

2 Likes

I think he’d be talking about guys who are in the best 22 regularly, so that rules out Long.

I’d be going with Bellchambers as the other. That’s tricky now though. We desperately need him for the rest of the year now, but he’d not taking us forward overall, so hopefully Draper is ready to go from round 1 next year…which is probably touch and go.
I’d keep Bellchambers for 1 more year to play a Looney role and be the backup.

The problem with Belly is once every 4 or 5 games he puts in a great effort and shows his importance…then goes missing for a month. I guess same could be said for Zaka too.

2 Likes

Agreed. Hawthorn won 6-7 games by under 2 goals last season and no doubt it got them the top four finish. We must be better at getting the W in those circumstances in order to take the next step as a team.

Yep 6 for the Hawks last year, including extraordinarily their last 4 H&A games (4, 11, 4 and 9pts). 5 in 2017 and 6 in 2016. 3 for the Cats in 2018 and 6 in 2017. Our record is abysmal in comparison.

clarkson and bellamy both happy to put players on notice in the public domain after a ■■■■ performance…hawthorn beat GWs and The storm put 64 on parra…

Thats coaching of the highest quality…

we just apologise…

1 Like

watching talking footy, essentially he seems to believe we are still on track because we matched it with collingwood.

out of curiosity, who here would believe that ■■■■ if you switched essendon with carlton are still on track, cos they too also matched it with collingwood ?

he is just as ■■■■■■■ delusional as some of the supporters around here, he needs to go ASAP.

has also done a lovely sheedy thing and proclaimed any success that the club may have is down to him building the foundation, just like at WCE, ironically after he was ■■■■■■ off.

1 Like

At least the Blues led for a lot of that match - we never did! I am truly frightened by the fact that there is a very slight chance the Blues may overtake us in the coming months or next season. Despite only winning 1 game the Blues’ percentage is ‘only’ about 14% off ours, which shows they have been competitive in most their games.

1 Like

No, “essentially” is your hallucination of what he said.
He also said success is built on a foundation and you can never be sure when everything comes together.
What’s good about Worsfold is he doesn’t read any of your crap.

2 Likes

There’s more than a very slight chance that the Blues could overtake us - there is a very big chance.

Got invited by an MCC member to the Blues vs Pies game and they were the better team for all bar the last 10 minutes.

It was only one of the most disgracefully biased umpiring displays I have ever seen that kept the Pies in it enough to only be about ~ 2 goals down instead of 5+ goals down when they started their late run.

Agreed. Hurts to say this but they were fantastic on Saturday and would’ve won against most sides. Will do us by 6 goals plus if they play the same way IMO.

2 Likes