John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

wut?

1 Like

We’re certainly capable of playing very, very dumb footy, and hugely inconsistent. I just don’t accept that means everyone is absolutely terrible at everything. We just need to get a bit better in a lot of areas

Took Hardwick 8 years to eliminate the dumb, game-costing mistakes. Worsfold’s had 2.5, and 1 of those was a write-off.
Calm the heck down.

3 Likes

So we should wait 8 years then? Fck that by that time we will be in a rebuild fase

Well, for a start, 8-2.5 = less than 8, last time I did maths.
But I don’t really get your point- are you doing anything other than waiting now?

uh huh. Right… So you were expecting bottom four and thus happy… awesome for you.

North had xyz games of experience walk out/get turfed out and they are still managing to play ok footy.

Geelong lose xyz games of experience every year but still stay at the top

Hawks lost xyz games and are still competitive…

But right… we have to just keep expecting the same trash every year because we can’t ever seem to change. Got it.

If you consider that most clubs turn over 10 guys a season… of which 5 are usually ‘top end’ players and 5 are younger/dead weight etc. With an average ‘older guy’ career being 200-250 games and younger guy probably less than 20 games. So an average Club is probably going to lose around 1100 - 1400 games of experience every year. So our ‘loss’ last year was pretty much bog standard average.

But yeah… lets bring out the ‘gelling’ argument again… that one was just as useless, just as contrived and just as stupid. Every single farking club releases and gains players every farking year… our club actually bought in a decent trio compared to the trash most clubs trade for… with most movement being those fringe guys hunting for opportunity.

But yeah lets keep blaming everything but our club and coaching structure… righto then. It was my expectations that were to blame… far better I expect us to be ■■■■ every single year than be disappointed right?! LONGEST final winning draught in the entire league… and you think my expectations were to blame… uh huh.

2 Likes

Best you give up and support someone else then, no?

1 Like

Absolutely support the appointment of someone else… preferably someone with fresh eyes and excellent tactical background to drag our tactics into the modern era.

Happily throw my support behind a push to get caracella.

I expected the rebuild of the midfield to start, and I didn’t expect that to bear immediate fruit.

1 Like

Did I say “every year”?
No. I said this year.

So pipe down.

May as well throw your support in the shitta and be done with it, coz It aint worth jack.

If he didn’t turn things around in 2 fkn years for you, what then??

You’d be carrying on like a turnip, just as you are now, that’s what.

1 Like

Okay, this is getting silly.
He can think Essendon needs a new head coach and still support Essendon.
That’s a thing that is allowed.

And you can disagree with him!
Fine!
It’s a forum, after all.
But enough with the go support someone else garbage.

14 Likes

Rebuild of the midfield… so where is that at?
Langford has been in and out of the team
parish dropped
Stringer was in, then out, then in
McGrath pushed back to HB

So the midfielders we lost in 2017 were Watson, Stanton and Hocking. Hocking had become a liability as wasn’t playing consistent midfield minutes. Stanton was used more as a winger. Watson was our only inside mid but that had been identified as an issue for a long long while.

So Woosha took over this midfield and who has he crafted into a full time mid? Who is the surprise packet? What fresh legs are through there… what set up is working?

We are literally still rolling around with guys like Myers, Heppell, Goddard, Zaka, Merrett… its not like we are sitting here, getting belted but we are seeing McGrath, Parish, Langford, Laverde, Merrett, Clarke, Redman, Fanta, Walla, McKenna dominating the midfield…

Anyway you will just keep insulting me and I know you aren’t really interesting in actual discussion but I just don’t see what development we are doing. I still see the same holes we had last year and I see a game plan that seems to spotlight our weakness rather than hide it.

So if you and others can actually be bold enough to let us know when to ‘expect’ something… so that we aren’t disappointed… that would be awesome.

He can, sure.

If he wants to tell me what I did, or do, expect - he can’t really whinge when he gets corrected?

Cool.
And what’s that got to do with whether or not he supports Essendon?

We are literally not.

And you are literally unaware of what the word literally means.
Knowing how to spell a long word doesn’t mean you should use it at every opportunity.

Here here.

Coach bashers UNITE!!

So Myers, Heppell, Goddard , Zaka and Merrett have not been used in our midfield this year. Interesting.

Now you are going off reservation. Zaka is injured by the other four are all playing tomorrow and will all go through the midfield. I would absolutely put money on seeing a centre bounce with Myers, Heppell and Merrett as our starting midfield at some point tomorrow. Easy money.

I am trying to see your point… but I used the word literally because it literally applied to the literal situation that we will literally watch tomorrow literally multiple times * unless Myers gets injured in the warm up.

rolls eyes
Let’s just see if we can beat the other team that’s one and ten, huh?

Have I said he doesn’t, sherriff?

I’ve pointed out that how annoyed people get doesn’t change anything, and we actually are all just waiting, because we don’t actually play, nor coach.

But constant, verbose criticism seems to be a mode of support, in a sense. Just not a particularly supportive type of support.