John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Good to see that wave of players spreading to open side in an attacking play.

And we saw similar from a defensive play blocking opposition from doing similar in last Harding video analysis clip.

1 Like

Longy was good

2 Likes

How funny is Smack’s posture with that kick?
It’s like “oh, you want this? ok…here ya go”

Having won 6 out of 8 and beating good teams home and away I think is good evidence that the coaching panel can coach.

Hirdy said on his pod last week - we are not inside the club so we cannot know what the gameplan is - so given we also cannot know, we do know with certainty that we can’t say the game plan has changed. Further given the captain, coach and senior players have said there were no major changes and it is accepted throughout AFL that major changes to gameplans are left to preseasons, then it turns out the gameplan (whatever it is) is at least good enough to beat some of the better teams in H&A games, and always was good enough when executed by a confident in form playing group.

I’d suggest the game plan (with the usual tweaking) and head coach are safe for another year. Our injury list is shorter than many teams and we run out games well, so hopefully Crow stays on, and we can find a few small improvements to personnel elsewhere.

3 Likes

“That’s how we roll.”

Tell me you aren’t saying…that a lot of people have their heads up their own arses…!
And confuse ‘weather’ with ‘climate’.

No, that’s just you.

2 Likes

the more you think about it the more you realise the neice and long inclusions over dea and francis for the pies game are the cleareast signs john needs to go

just baffling bad selections over and over again all season

0 faith in woosh taking us anywhere near the top 4

1 Like

I think you’d see a sign Woosha has to go every time you look at the mysterious shapes on your morning toast.
Or the way that flock of pigeons took off across the sky.
Perhaps you could perform your own self divination by entrails?

10 Likes

I was critical of Woosha earlier in the season and perhaps it was somewhat justified but I have to give him major credit for the turnaround, He was copping it from all angles and whilst he was narky to the media for a little there he seemed to keep his cool and the players followed suit, They remained calm and we are in a good position now because of it.

Also huge credit goes to the Skipper, I was critical of him as well, But he has shown amazing leadership these past 2 months, Will only improve as well.

Calm heads will prevail.

5 Likes

There are a number of people on here who owe their club captain an apology.

8 Likes

He’s been absolutely immense.

Watching us closely through the season I can guarantee you the game plan changed 100% before and after.

We were crap when we we were trying to push our forwards way up the ground and tried to move the ball slowly until the ye got back into position after supposedly dragging their opponents up the ground and magically losing - despite having McKenna and recruiting Saad who move the ball as quickly out of defence as any defenders in the league. Problem was, we got worked out very quickly and the oppositions kept their defenders stationed inside the D50 every time our forwards wandered up to the wing.

We reverted to keeping forwards in the forward line and at least one deep - either McKernan or Stringer with Brown being the one to push up occasionally to the wing, but not that often. Baguley also got moved forward with an instruction to stay in F50 and apply pressure.

As if by magic, McKenna, Saad and our mid’s suddenly had someone to kick to up the ground instead of having to share the ball around sideways and inevitably turning it over.

5 Likes

How can you guarantee that?

Coach said they weren’t following the game plan.

Captain said they weren’t following the game plan.

Perhaps they’ve simply started playing to the game plan.

13 Likes

It’s also a very small part of any game plan. We should list what we think are components of the game plan.

“Move the ball slowly guys and do not, repeat do not, have any forwards forward”

Really sounds like a plan.

You confuse symptom and cause.

2 Likes

Why? for calling out his bad form?

Some people did a lot more than call it bad form.

4 Likes

Yeah, well. his hair is rank.

I don’t think that it was part of our game plan for our forwards to push high up the ground. They got sucked up kick chasing. Also, I think missing McKenna for a month and Saad stepping out with a new team didn’t help the way that we wanted to play.

None of the above is down to Worsfold.