John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Jack Mihocek and Wayne Primmer kicking goals! Wonderful days. Almost winning so many games. Glimmers of hope every week.

3 Likes

Hubris has been the biggest issue at this club for a while…how many times have they got ahead of themselves after 1 good win and than follow it up with an insipid performance…they enjoy the accolades too much instead of continuing to stay mentally focused.

Tuddy lost the players and it was reflected on the field. I doubt the same thing is happening again, but the players seem so dispirited. It’s not just up to them to determine how they want to present themselves on match day.

This is true. He has his flaws but in my opinion it’s only a small part of a very big problem.
We could keep shifting the blame towards the coach or we keep look in the mirror as a collective and own the mistakes being made. This includes the players who are just as big a part of the problem as anyone else is despite how “talented” everyone seems to think our list is. The coaches just haven’t had the balls to acknowledge that at the selection table which is my biggest gripe with their role in things.

Is our list that good? Seems like a consensus here that it is yet:

• We fell into the 8 off the back of a really easy draw
  • we lost Jobe and Kelly
  • apart from Smith our other gun recruits have been duds

We did have a dream draw last year, and a dream run with injuries.
Those things are a factor, certainly.

The worst part is that we have to sit through this blo0dy season, to only then make one or two coaching changes, retain myers and give Jerrett a contract extension.

This was it

2 Likes

Hard wood, tiles or carpet?

1 Like

Haha Jesus we’ll run with carpet. Fits the soft narrative.

Should we have just signed Bassett when we had the chance during the year he was at the club? Had the runs on the board and was still basically fresh out of the game.

1 Like

He won’t. None of them will. Too scared of the abuse coming in their direction.

Don’t know who this lifeless pregame speech would inspire. He is a joke, and whoever promoted him should be sacked. We can’t afford to have both him and worsfold, who bring less emotion to the coaches box than a fucken brick wall.

2 Likes

oh jeebus… what a steaming pile of dogshit that is. And we hired this moron?

We are farked. So beyond farked we can’t catch a bus back to a terminal that might connect to a train that could get us back to farked.

How he and woosha still have their jobs today is beyond me, utterly beyond me.

I’ve been saying it since the Dee’s loss but I think Campbell at the very least should be answerable to the members as to why there was such an urgency to extend Worsfolds contract when he did.

It makes no sense to anybody. Did he authorize this alone? Who is responsible and Why are the questions that must be answered.

If Worsfold is sacked which I think he is likely to be if the sides shocking form continues, Xavier needs to tender his resignation as well. Just so damn amateurish.

Yup, it’s not great vision.

We’re not, that’s half the reason for the level of angst now. This year should have been Year 2 of a 3 to 4 yr rebuild for modern footy. Instead we got old guys playing an old system and undersize players getting beat up in the midfield, whilst bigger guys languish in the VFL instead of getting games under the belt. Good one Woosh, really got your finger on the pulse.

2 Likes

but but but… he was in such hot demand we had to lock him up… urghhhhhhh.

When Sheedy left (and it was time) there were tears at the presser. When Hirdy left… there were tears. Woosha? Doubt one player would show up other than Myers… the guy is a complete fraud and we, again, are the suckers.

2 Likes

What is also scary… is very much the ‘same’ style of speak we are hearing from Woosha… lots of corporate BS and irrelevant ■■■■.

There is ‘calm’ but passionate… then there is just deadset boring. Despite what we might like to think… these are mostly young men who just want to play footy. They really couldn’t give a toss about the waffle… just want to play the game they love. Such a joyless, soulless place it has become.

There’s nothing in that video at all that makes you want to play for him. He’s actually negating any positive energy they would have pregame and it all comes across as accusatory before they’ve even bounced a ball. Appalling. Just appalling.

If he’s talking to various players at half time, no wonder our third quarters are diabolical.

8 Likes