John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

At least we didn’t bring in someone with a Prior conviction

3 Likes

EVERYTHING I hate about the saga is on display in these anti-coach threads. When there’s a problem in the AFL, Head Office pin it to a person and then run that person out of the game. They then surround their decision with superficial commentary and anti-facts to disguise their inherently corrupt management style. After the 100th repetition of - X is evil, X is to blame - they really do believe their own BS. It’s like the Dalai Lama to the Chinese who truly believe he is an evil person who promotes violence, as they have been retelling this story for 60 years.

Someone will come on here and say - but I know someone inside the club who says Neeld or Worsfold or whoever is a spud. But there are many messages from inside the club and very recently both of these coaches were appointed, so you could choose to believe that message from the insiders who made these decisions, if you wished.

But that doesn’t suit you as you’re like the AFL. You can’t deal with the reality and many causes of our failure so with next to zero relevant information to perform an appraisal, you do it anyway, because you are hoping some quick bloodletting will ease your pain.

You are fitzy, gil, wordwhorewitch, flogbarrett, vlad & smith all rolled up into a flash mob of misdirected hate. The blame, turning on our own champions like Harvs, the vitriol, the incoherence on here is weak and pathetic - and like during the saga - it shows a lack of values and character. Listen to Hepp after the game. That’s strength and character.

Then again maybe Woosha or Neeld are not the Dalai Lama and you all guessed right that other coaches that we don’t know anything about will solve our problems.

Clearly I’ve spent too long reading bile on Blitz.

11 Likes

Let’s hope so.

The players shouldn’t run the club but neither should crap coaches.

So much rumour and innuendo around now too that somebody is bound to be right.

Nope but its pretty evident with the on field performances.

We supporters were told by our AFL approved Board and Chairman to move on. To what you mother ■■■■■■■. Unfortunately too many of our 70k members fell for this in blind faith instead of demanding that the club stand against the AFL from February 2013. We are as AFL compliant as the other tin rattler clubs. Tanner was a failure as a politician (but he has lots of mates), the Board are lazy and incompetent and Xavier is a boy playing in a man’s world. So it starts there. The decision to reappoint Worsfold is one of the worst decions in our history. We are a laughing stock and it is embarassing. To me the apathy of many Essendon supporters during the saga was disgusting. They chanted " We are Essendon" but did they really understand what that means. The club is like a ship without a rudder and the iceberg is on the horizon guys and gals. Our 70k members need stand up and demand change. In my opinion, and the names have been mentioned in this thread, the ticket for change is Sheeds, Chairman of new Board, Jimmy as CEO, and Caracella as coach. I like the idea of Kelly as an assistant. And how can I forget the Heffsgirl as our own version of Liz Lukin

11 Likes

Do you know what’s most disappointing about this? This feels so so familiar.

All players absolutely at sea, we look like we have no idea.

Players seemingly not playing for each other at all, nor the coach.

Talk of communication problems between players and coach.

Coach teaching our players a seemingly totally unsustainable game plan that’s seeing us totally outsmarted and comprehensively dismantled by most teams except a certain bogey team we match up well against.

Certain players getting mistreated, looking like they’d be entitled to leave come year’s end (in one game out the other.)

A coach that seems to just do nothing and sit there like a stunned mullet, totally incompetent when something needs to be done.

And if course, talk/hope that a young coach could come in and be the circuit breaker, re unify the group, start to build something as a club and teach us properly.

… Does any of this ring familiar to anyone’s ears?

I hope so, because we’re BACK IN TWO THOUSAND AND FKN TEN.

We have literally gone nowhere.

And the worst part is that the prophecy includes a few 100 pt beltings to really pound us into the turf… Prepare yourselves

13 Likes

I think sacking Worsfold now is the wrong move.

Worsfold has only had one season and 8 games with our full list. He needs an opportunity to fix this mess.

Give him until the end of the year and make the call then.

Sack him now and what faith would any new coach have that we would give them the time needed to make us a contender?

Clarko - amazing job in 2019 mate, we’re back in the finals. Poor start to 2020 - out the door for you mate.

Blake - I know you just won back to back flags, but we need you to fix our team without making any mistakes at all or you will be shown the door. We’re prepared to not honour a contract of how many years you like.

1 Like

He won’t be sacked before year’s end. But he’d want to start making inroads into turning things around.

Another one of those things I don’t want to believe but seems so believable it’s hard to refute.

1 Like

I don’t ever claim inside info but on this it came from a very good source that I know would know. They were saying preseason that there was division in the players and coaches and those on the fringes had little confidence in Woosha. I hoped it was just a difference of opinion and even though personally I never rated Woosha, I hoped it would all come together but it hasn’t.

2 Likes

So it’s inside info?

1 Like

Geez if we extended his contract when we knew there were divisions…

1 Like

What if the rift was between the coaches and Myers, Baugley and McNeice?

Senior coach is a massive step up with massive $$$. He would be nuts not too if offered.

its an honor to coach any afl club*

• yes even the gold coast suns.

At the top tier we went external numerous times- Tuddy, Stephen, Sheeds. You could also argue Knighter was semi external.

Who was the last person to be appointed senior coach half way through a season. I can’t think of anybody.

He isn’t going to leave a back to back chance for caretaker role. He would actually enhance his reputation more with the back to back. Everyone assumed Richmond were a once of fluke. Back to back changes that view.

1 Like

he wont…but Id be expecting an August sacking

Don’t get me wrong i think Caracalla could be a great get. I just think he won’t consider it until this years finals are over.

I dont know…but i think he might get a release.

Clarkson let Bolton go prior to September if I remember.

whoever we get, hes gotta be good match day.

Caracella would be better than Worsfold i think.

1 Like