John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Essendon 2018.

I wonder why the players play confused? :thinking:

My goodness.

12 Likes

My goodness- Smith is definitely a level higher than most on our list, and left GWS.
Says a fair bit about the list.

I kinda wish Adam Cooney would shut the fark up and stop being an Essendon rent-a-quote.

You got gifted a two year retirement fund, and you barley broke a sweat to get it.

Be thankful, and shut up.

14 Likes

He’s still got to pay the bills-at the moment the club deserves heat from any quarter.

No unfortunately. Surely there’s a podcast around somewhere? There’s definitely something stinky down there, it needs to be found and fkd off post haste.

1 Like

Interesting comments being made on the player unrest and their previous thoughts about Woosh.

If the players already had any lingering doubts on Woosh as a coach tactically then those doubts would have been put front and centre the moment Kerr/X/The board handed over responsibility for the midfield strategy and game plan to Neeld.

Neeld that our players well know was a complete failure at the Dees and would have had inside word via Melb players, utterly destroyed the club, and they have him devising how to play and then trying to get the line coaches (who lack credibility) and Woosh to deliver that to the players.

All faith in Woosha eroded IMO by essentially giving Neeld of all people 2IC duties, and actually duties that exceed that as he’s essentially in charge of the lot as head of game performance.

If what is being relayed to players is being communicated poorly or is just plain wrong and being coached incorrectly … and the players don’t believe in what they are being told or who is telling them it then you see what we are getting.

That coaching review at end of year and decisions made could not have been more poorly executed if they tried.

4 Likes

I wonder what James Polkinghorne thinks on the matter? He contributed about the same to the club.

1 Like

Anyone hearing John Worsfold talk about our identity realises he has no ■■■■■■■ idea.

He is waiting for the players to define who we are.
Joh also said “They” can identify. Not “we”.

We are not together, w have no trademark and he was no direction.

We are so ■■■■■■.

1 Like

Not sure- if he was in the media we’d probably hear about it.

2 Likes

Man this forum is all over the shop at the moment.

There are about 30 different theories being put forth at the moment.

The ones I dislike the most are the ones that really debase our players and people.

If the culture of an organisation is to automatically look to blame and trash people, then people are going to turn introverted and lose confidence.

In my opinion what we need more than anything else is leadership and probably a step up in the level of transparency.

There seems to be something in the culture that runs away from the kind of emotion we see in here.

I’ve no doubt that there are lot of good people trying to do everything right and they are having a bad patch and there are many that simply want to attack someone and blame someone.

That’s weak and it should be rallied against.

I like posts like @Heffsgirl where she said she doesn’t care how bad it gets, she’s not abandoning things. I also like @Stallion posts. I’m going this week and I’ll keep going.

Personally I’d like the club to turn over a new leaf and get the “essence” of what won us flags in the past. Toughness across the way we play footy and the way we operate.

Let that dictate selection, who we draft, who we retain, who we drop, who coaches, who we like to strap the boots.

Toughness is not just belting blokes but its fronting up to criticism. Its not going into your shell.

Fantasia is a very determined mentally tough player.

@Catherine_Lio and @Paul_Cousins have been good.

Is John Worsfold going to run from this challenge with his tail between his legs. He’s a legend of the game. As is Sheedy. Is Harvey going to go out like this or is he going to get in some ears and we’ll bowl some people over.

We aren’t as far off it as it seems. We led Hawthorn, Melbourne and Carlton but were just that little bit off to put further scoreboard pressure on them from our first half efforts.

If we lose next week or the week after so be it. But lose by making selections based on guys that are going to play a brand we want.

The Sydney Swans were soft as ■■■■ back in the day. One man (Worsfold’s great adversary Paul Roos) changed that and brought back “bloods culture” from the 1930’s or something. He invented a concept. There was no bloods culture.

Worsfold. If you go down. Then go down putting that culture back into us. You were a much harder ■■■■■■■ footballer than Paul Roos.

Our flag sides were always tough as hell.

Hardwick brought that to Richmond. Thompson brought it to Geelong.

Bring it back to Essendon.

21 Likes

Disagree, personally. I agree with what he is saying and, unlike me, he has the profile to apply pressure via the mainstream media.

In summary: UP COONEY FARK PORT

3 Likes

It’s a third of a season unfortunately…

At this point i would rather have a 5yr old child coach our club over woosha,
He promised to make this club a contender but the only thing we are contenders for are the wooden spoon.
well at least we have a top 5 draft pick in a super draft.

Probably not Worsfold - but the other assistants and the “game plan” - hell yes. System trumps Talent every time. System with Talent is nearly unstoppable.

I do believe we have enough of the second and zero of the first. Neeld and Co need to go. Obviously to anyone with any football sense.

2 Likes

Sounds like 2009, I’ll fix the players, here have another round of knights.

Good on Cooney for writing the article. We as Essendon supporters and blitzers are furious at the moment and these articles keep pressure on him and the board to be accountable.

The game plan isn’t working and oppositions teams have figured us out. I can’t see us winning another game for the rest of the year at this rate.

At least Cooney has played the game before and was at the club under Worsfold so he is entitled to an opinion rather than slobbo.

Why can’t it be?

Ex players have to have earned the right to slag off the club, imo.

He didn’t.

So ex players need to earn the right to slag off the club but general public don’t… OK…

“Smith now has three of the best six recorded pressure ratings since 1999 at Essendon — despite playing just eight games as a Bomber.”

■■■■■■■ LOL

11 Likes