John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

And the next one.

So, we just maintain the same old and keep on keeping on.?

No, I mean if a new coach isn’t brought in before the end of the year then we start 2020 behind everyone else.

$3 mill payout if he goes now

How much was the saga fine, again?

wouldn’t be the worst decision from the EFC we’ve fundraised.

There is also a cap on football dept depending too, right? How does that work with a sacking (legit question)

1 Like

It would then fit under the softcap for two years as well. Not sure how that fits in but I assume a fine if we bust it.

The soft cap is $9.5 million in 2018, not including the separately capped player payments of $13.6 million (including club marketing deals). The AFL view, as put to the clubs, is that the soft cap – which requires clubs to pay a 100 per cent tax if they exceed the limit – has created a more equal competition than in the days before its introduction in 2015.

while the tax on clubs that overspend was jacked up from 37 cents in the dollar to 70 cents and has reached a dollar-for-dollar penalty.

just overspend, use that rich coteries thats ■■■■ up this club for something.

1 Like

So my take away from that is if we go over by $3 mill we then get fined a further $3 mill

Just passed that information on to another Essendon supporter.
‘$3M, plus whatever fine for breaking the coaching cap.’

slowly shakes head
‘Worth it.’

1 Like

Reckon it’s just the senior coach though, wim? Or the coaching group as a collective?

How can you be so sure that there isn’t performance clauses in his contract that may prevent full payment?

Correct, if we clean out the lot then we pay out any contracts for them as well. Club has built itself a nasty hole.

he is on $1.5m a year???

1 Like

According to the report I heard on TV today, yes

coaches should be paid more than players.

I’d expect the head of a department to have built the team he wants with the time he’s had.

But who knows how this club actually handles that.

1 Like

surely not and surely they are guessing.

could not be on more than 800K. Surely.

1 Like