John Worsfold

Perpetual Polarity Disorder

1 Like

Play the kids.

Yes.

It’s also round 3, so the teams that are ■■■■ might still be good. You can be a ■■■■ team and beat a good team. We know this because we beat hawthorn and Carlton beat us. Proof.

Get on us for the flag/flog.

Perhaps Woosha and the other coaches, were waiting to see if the players would use their initiative and go to plan B like Carlton did. Sadly, we continued with trying to play dry weather footy and didn’t. Fact is we played
right into Carlton’s hands and Bolton must have been grinning like Cheshire cat.

As AFL is a winter, wet weather game, maybe we need to do more sessions playing with the sprinkler’s on at Tulla. I think playing under the roof at Etihad has gone a long way to helping us to forget how to play the short game, how to get down and dirty into it, man on man accountable footy. Its not pretty, not even particularly skilful but its the way to win games in the mud. Still we’ll learn from that.

I think as supporters we need to tone down our expectations of this team, we will have a much better idea of where we really sit in the greater scheme of things after the next 4/5 games. One thing for certain we have a lot of room for improvement in us.

1 Like

FFS it’s one game with a fairly new team. Judge him harshly about his game plan when there is a larger sample.

Round 10 should suffice.

I thinking many of us expected to win after our strong start to the year. These are the games we should win no matter what the conditions, considering we probably won’t beat many top teams. There is definitely improvement needed. Good teams find a way to win and we couldn’t.

2 Likes

Does everyone remember this game. Round 4 1999 after we’d won our first three. It seemed like an absolute disaster. One game does not make a season.

West Coast 15.7 (97) Essendon 3.5 (23) Sunday, 18 April 1999

9 Likes

Oh, I remember it. I ■■■■■■■ remember it…

I particularly remember not being able to see the game live in Adelaide and having to rely on the one hour “highlights” package on 7.

We scored one of our 3 goals late in the game. It was excluded from the highlights.

I ■■■■■■■ remember.

6 Likes

I was at that game. Stayed to the end and hated every minute of it.

3 Likes

The Melbournites will never understand the unique humiliation that comes from a loss in your home town.

4 Likes

This to me is a massive cop out. If this is the case, then why bother having a coach at all on game day?

I don’t want to see him ranting and raving like a lunatic, and I know its hard to be critical on the tv pictures, but every time he was on screen he was simply sitting there like a stunned mullet.

I like the guy and think he is a fine coach. But it was clear as the rain pelting down that our opponents had an infinitely better set up with loose men a kick away. Surely, at the very least at half time when you have time you adjust the set up … we couldn’t get it past half forward all day. The players deserve to cop blame, but so do the coaches for not being able to address the dysfunctional ball movement

I’m all 3

1 Like

Oi! I’m about to spend a week over easter with old friends, and one of them is a ■■■■■■ Carlton supporter. And they come out of the woodwork when they beat us as well. :frowning:

Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that we don’t know how to play wet weather footy. (only took me 20 years, ffs)

It’s in our DNA .:relaxed:

1 Like

There was a loss in my home town on Sunday

3 Likes

Granted.

But you experienced it along with thousands of fellow bombers, at a ground you can go to most weeks, and upon losing were subjected to ridicule from one of 12 sub-sets of AFL fans.

Here, they publish names and addresses of opposition supporters after game day and encourage readers to pinch off a loaf on the front step. They’re not collected by council until your team next wins in that state.

There’s some pretty ancient turds out the front of mine.

4 Likes

Have you considered that perhaps the media chooses which images to put up on your screen at which time?
Or did you suppose those were random snap shots and you were a ‘fly on the wall’?

1 Like

Have you seen the amount of security around Leigh Matthews (usually 5 big burley boys) and that’s only to do number 2s on the potty!

If someone’s losing it in the box they’ll find a moment to replay it

1 Like

Or just cut to the live shot of the box if it’s one of the Scott twins.