John Worsfold

I think a strong experienced coach is what we need right now. In my opinion the coaching team is as good as you will get. Let’s face it there are no easy fixes that will happen in the short term. Unfortunately I think we just have to be patient.

It’s been a long, long time - but at least the nucleus of a very good team is there.

I think people also do not take into account that we played in Brisbane in heavy dew with a heavy ground (the players said it was difficult and took a lot out of their legs), then backed it up by playing in atrociously wet conditions. For the group who hadn’t played for a year and for the younger guys that is incredibly draining physically and takes time to adjust to.

You don’'t just come back in and be fully physically ready compared to a team like the Crows who are all playing at pretty much full strength and fitness levels as well as united in their playing style.

The expectation people have in here is strange.

8 Likes

Considering Hookers modest return over the first 4 games, in hindsight, putting him back and pumping games into Stewart may have been of similar or slightly more value. Hooker needs to get involved in the game, and to date, he has only been a modest (at best) contributor.

That’s true. But he was good in the first game when our midfield gave sufficient and quick supply. Since then he’s been down on form but the forward line just isn’t getting the supply it needs to kick a winning score. As a result it’s hard to judge him because everyone has struggled down there in the last two weeks given the lack of supply.

Don’t agree. This hitting the wall business is rubbish and no way to put faith and confidence in your players. Woosha needs to take responsibility. His coaching the last two weeks have been terrible. Not reactive at all. The assistant coaches aren’t much better. The players are there. The buck starts with the coach

Yes, but where does it stop?

1 Like

bullcrap

1 Like

That’s right coaching is definitely bullcrap.

Hmmm, joined April 5th, …

Would have sworn it had to have been April 1st …

2 Likes

So was he s crap coach when we won the first 2 or do only join in once we lose like a few other posters in here?

3 Likes

How do you know the assistant coaches have been terrible? That some quality observationing

4 Likes

Especially with the restricted view you get from under a bridge …

7 Likes

Just… BECAUSE!

Isn’t he second in the league in rebound 50s?

2 Likes

We are definitely working on something, but whether we can hold the course remains to be seen.
Fast, attacking football requires supreme fitness and skills and it seems like we aren’t that fit or skillful. Is a 6 day break a significant handicap?
I’m also curious to know how much of the game plan is player driven… Our players see to have the belief but not the results, surely Woosha isn’t being dictated to by Heppel? Maybe they share the vision but pressure must be building on both of them.

I cant believe that Woosha said that Jobe was out on his feet and that players have hit the wall.

1. If it is true then that is a worry. Yes we have had a few tough games in heavy conditions but seriously we are four games into the season.

2. If it is true or not why would you say it? I can see the scenario now - Its 3 qtr time on ANZAC day and we lead by 3 goals. Buckley implores his guys to keep running because the Essendon coach has told everybody that the players are unfit and likely to run out of legs in the last quarter.

2 Likes

I think you need the context of what he said which was explained by Tim Watson on talking footy. Think it’s quoted in another thread but o can’t be arsed finding it :grinning:

2 Likes

I said it in the Lid On 2017 thread but will just copy and paste it here:

Will post footage if they upload it but Tim Watson spoke on Talking Footy about Woosha’s comments on our returning boys “hitting a wall.” He said that they’re just finding it tough because the game is quicker since 2015 and has moved on a bit. He said it’s not permanent and that we will do the opposite of hitting a wall later in the year as we will build endurance and get used to it. I link this with Woosha’s comments about us being better in the second half of the year.

8 Likes

I’m 50 50 with ya.
I’m guessing he means that the honeymoon is over and the returning players have come back and realised football is a hard slog.
we got 2 wins first up, then got pantsed in the rain by a lesser opponent and then got comprehensively whooped by a top 4 side, so any delusions of everything will be rosey now that the saga is “over” are setting in now doubt.

Now it becomes about who can stand up to the pressures of afl footy and be a contributor going forward, while battling the fears of, are we (certain players) to old, to past it, etc etc.

4 Likes

how long to the favours last? How long until the good will runs out?

Looks like about 4 weeks for the Bomberblitz crew.