John Worsfold

This is all very silly.

3 Likes

Depends on your interpretation of what John said and it may not have been what John meant.

He might have meant - they could not find a way through.
He might have meant - they stopped and couldn’t get going and they hit the wall.
He might have meant - they had nothing left. Which one???

He could also be endeavouring to take the pressure off them not put more pressure on them.

Jobe clearly hit the wall.

Didn’t come up fresh from slog in wet for Blues game and was completely out of gas in last quarter.

Hep wasn’t too far behind him.

These are the 1 or 2 players he followed up about rather than all the returning players hitting wall.

And frankly it wasn’t just us, as mentioned by another poster Blues players like Cripps who had to do the heavy lifting in wet struggled in next game.

2 Likes

Yep.
And it’s silly to draw anything other than ‘match fitness takes match practice’ from that.

Pride of lions? nahhh more like a pack of hyenas led by Caro and Barrett.

Sorry, I was trying to say “Yes (he is telling the players), that’s my point”

I think this discussion has gotten confused. In my head the conversation has been:

Somebody said geez these comments by Worsfold about hitting the wall are all over the media.

I said yeah well it was probably a silly thing to say publicly because it is just the thing the media will jump all over and focus on.

Somebody else said, but Worsfold was probably using the media to send a message to the players.

I then said I doubt it, surely the coach is telling the players directly rather then through the media.

1 Like

Doing both I’d imagine. Wouldn’t be the first time a coach has used a public forum to try and fire up a player/players.

Love the football media:

Robbo type: “Why won’t coaches speak honestly?”

Coach is asked a question and answers it honestly.

Robby type: “He’s just making excuses.”

= if I don’t understand it, it’s not true.

2 Likes

Ergo nothing is true because Robbo is a drunken f wit.

7 Likes

Spot on. And crowding each other, means they are bringing their direct opponents to the ball. Some strange example of flooding your own team.

Players call for the ball when they aren’t in a position to use it - especially when close to opposition player.

or

Players give the ball to a player when they aren’t in the position to use it - especially when they can’t see they are close to an opposition player.

Over and over. That extra handball, sold into trouble, turnover.

4 Likes

He deadset meant it and put Watson and friends on notice. Ruthless.

5 Likes

Woosha threw the kitchen sink at them.

So hard to tell between irony and stupid sometimes.

1 Like

It seems to me, that as we’ve gone from one game to another this season, our handball game has stayed the same, but the receiver has failed to make space and be out of trouble. Therefore a high rate of being tackled and then turn over. It could be fatigue, or chemistry as stated, or it could be fear. I mean that in a ‘losing confidence’ way. The less confident, perhaps the more congested we remain in a group, a group mentality.

BRING
THEM
OUT

Woosha’s comments were just wrong. Dyson had to come out and contradict the coach. Not a good look. Woosha’s backtracking was embarrassing.
And throwing Jobe under the bus is certainly not confidence building.
I’m not a fan. But I hope I’m proven wrong.
Maybe it’s Woosha that’s been out of the game too long?

2 Likes

Or maybe Woosha said something that everyone overreacted to and took out of context. The media have been waiting to write their stories on how the returning players are going and swooped on the first real hint of a narrative.

6 Likes

lol, what a load of dribble

16 Likes

Not sure how he was wrong.

Jobe “hit the wall” aka he was unable to run the game out effectively and they couldn’t put him in midfield. It was fact.

2 Likes

Isn’t school back now?

3 Likes