John Worsfold

Coule also be that opposing sides know what to expect.

I dunno, each game has been completely different so its hard to get a read on us just yet. We won the first 2 by being daring and without a recognised ruckman, then we had the washout and then a game we always lose and had no right to win.

What we have seen is some really good footy from us and we have more upside this year than any other side. We have played some rubbish footy too and even if we tidy things up I dont see our gameplan as the blueprint to win a flag.

Too early to tell but each match is an opportunity to improve as well as a chance at 4 points.

1 Like

Does any other long time BBer miss the posts of “Captain Obvious”?

I’m glad if the players got a bit miffed by the comments.

Come out and prove them wrong.

7 Likes

My point was that this year we will rate ourselves a good chance to win most games, we will go in as favourites or almost even. This is different to past years and thats due to our ability to get on a good run of goals due to our gameplan.
We could even hand out a few beltings like Adelaide gave us if we get out in front early.

Loved his game face this week. Super serious. Focused, almost to the point of being annoyed. He just wants his team to get on the park and destroy the opposition. No more passengers. Bit by bit players are being replaced by those who best suit his game plan.

I expect Essendon to win. Not sure Cox is an upgrade on White. Essendon must bring the heat. They must take the initiative.

1 Like

The boys got up for the Hawks game and I expect no different tomorrow they seem to lift for these type of games.

1 Like

History would suggest otherwise :grin:

1 Like

Recent history says we win whenever there’s a march prior sooo, …

Recent history is a two-edged sword.

Even more recent history than yours says we have lost the last two games, so,.

don’t believe in spurious historical associations.

My recent history craps the fk all over your’s AT, … so, …how about you just STFU? :wink:

1 Like

Hmmmm

2 Likes

browser history?

Short memory. Always deleted shortly after searching for ■■■■ websites.

i’d go a browser hysterectomy

This. Furious in the box, not happy in the press conf. First time i have seem him genuinely angry at our group while coaching.

The softness of Langford has been swapped for ruthless Franga.

No real passengers, granted hooker and hurley are out of touch, but they will get time. Both AA and can tear a game apart. Watson, Dys, Stanton pretty much the same.

Gleeson and Harts both shown no mercy. He is seeing what we can do, and gelling the team. Cant happen after 4 weeks, give it another 4. Lets hope we stay with the pack to ensure a top 8 finish.
I predict we come good around rounds 8 -10. Finish 6 or 7th.

2 Likes

I do believe there was an element of a public rocket by woosha in what he said. Players have been put on notice, and the last two weeks both gleeson and Langford have been dropped. Next it will be senior players.

Completely agree with the assessment and what Woosha is doing with player selection.

Note that the two softest, least physical players in our supposed “Best 22” - Gleeson & Langford have been dropped.

Already Myers would be ahead of Langford based on the VFL game on Sunday. McKenna & McNiece are both ahead of Gleeson already. When Laverde recovers his physicality and attack on the ball will see him go past Langford as well later this year.

If Green struggles I expect Begley - who is very physical - coming in.

I’d love to see a HF line of Walla, Francis & Laverde and FF line of Fantasia, Hooker & Daniher with Begley coming off the bench. that would be a forward 7 with great mix of power, aggression, speed, skill & talent.

2 Likes

I’d say a very good day at the office, especially in the last quarter with a few moves and the way we set up defensively.

1 Like

Wanted blood in the press conference tonight OH BOY

2 Likes

Does he know who Daniel Wells is yet?
Got plenty right today and had a pretty good day in the box but I can’t fathom how Wells was allowed to roam around with nowhere near him in that 2nd and 3rd quarter

1 Like