John Worsfold

They did last week.

Are they goldfish?

3 Likes

It is embarrassing. For the players.

I agree.
Whether it was the introduction of a different ruckman…
I don’t know.
T-Bell, Goddard and Jobe had a pretty intense discussion off the ball at one point.
It wasn’t just the poor skills, although of course they didn’t help.
So often we’d win the ball across half-back and just freeze.
It was painful to watch.

For my money, we could really have done with an annoyingly soft looking lead up forward who keeps bobbing up in space.

2 Likes

When JD was waving his arms up in the air after bagging hes first goal…Warsfold should have dragged him, and said listen mate, you have kicked 1.6 not 6.1 calm the Fark down… JD for me looks like hes having too good of a time

3 Likes

More I think about it

It’s a 5 day break

TBC with Myers, Hocking at his feat dominated a game last week. They obliterated the opposing midfield in the VFL

Jobe looked tired, Zaka has been useless for a month

Wouldn’t you bring in TBC plus Myers plus Hocking, so you replace the ruck and two mids with a ruck and two mids who have cohesion rather than throwing TBC into a pack of mids who have no idea how to play around him

Don’t want to flap on about Bird not getting a game before Mc Kenna gets a second crack anymore

Yep, you should definitely give it a nest.

3 Likes

It wasn’t a case of him being “non calm” and getting over excited and arrogant.

It was a case of him taking the ■■■■ and saying “thank god I finally got one”.

6 Likes

Seemed pretty obvious to me also.

We all know how this will turn out. At some stage in the next 2 years we’ll have a month long block of total Essington and we’ll all turn on Woosha like rabid dogs. He’ll have his reputation completely shot and never coach again.

1 Like

Our requirement to keep using the corridor is easy to defend, as its so predictable. We need more genuine lead up marking in the wings and flanks, to create options and uncertainty in the oppositions minds.So we can work down the wings AND the corridor. A long kick down the wings to competition is better than a poor kick inside, poxy handball… turnover and certain goal.

Rotating Walla and Raz through the middle takes them away from the forward line, so its a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

John and coaches need to earn their money over the next few weeks.

2 Likes

Woosha had last year as a free hit, to get back into the groove and there we’re zero expectations.

This year is the great unknown, some of the returning players will make an Impact, some will finish this year and he can see what we’ve got with some of the young blokes.

He’s still sussing the whole thing out. He’s fine.

3 Likes

Woosha is working with the following,

Myers 27
Bobcat 28
Jerret 24
Hocking 29
Zaha 27
Bird 28
Stants 31 today

The most important demographic in a list is the midfielders mid to late 20’s. it’s the core of a list. Those 7 players haven’t fired a shot. No coach can carry that many underperformers in that demographic. People were disappointed in Watson’s and Parishs games, it’s not the oldest and youngest mids fault. It’s the huge bunch of list cloggers above.

2 Likes

Yep, Rome wasn’t built in day hey, hey, hey.

1 Like

Bird and Myers haven’t had a chance to yet

2 Likes

I thought we were poorly coached yesterday. The game was played on Melbourne’s terms.
Melbourne were prepared to attack the top of the goal square with no “tall” forwards, and our backline had no idea how to defend it.
We had 7 half back flankers in that team yesterday, and the backline apart from Hurley and McGrath was a mess.
Our ball use was rubbish trying to pin point passes, refusing to take a shot when in range.
It was slow messy footy and lead to our forward line being clogged, and they had all the space in the world to work the ball the other way when the inevitable turn over happened.
The fact we go massacred in the middle when they had no recognized ruckman was a poor reflection on our midfield and the planning that went into that game.
When the ball is not falling for you, the team needs to stop running away from the footy looking for the easy possession, and start hunting the footy and contest to stay in the game. We leave the contest stuff to very few, and it is little wonder why teams get run ons against us like MEL did yesterday.

2 Likes

Langford was that lead up player that stretched the ground.

His ability to take a player up to the wings was under rated around here and now we are seeing a stagnant forward line like yesterday.

Joe played closer to goals yesterday which didn’t help. Whether that was by chance or design I’m not sure.

When the forward line is suffocated like yesterday then it takes away from our main weapons which is Fanta and Walla.

Keep the forward line fluid and less predictable and that provides nightmares for defenders.

5 Likes

Correct.

It wasn’t even clear who was meant to be the 3rd/lead up target, but whoever it was didn’t fire a shot.

Why on earth would you persist with talented kids who always bob up with a goal or two and keep running and presenting all game, we don’t need anyone like that.

3 Likes

Yep I hope they can make a difference. Myers especially, really down on clearance work and he should improve this area.

In Wooshas defence, he has sent Langers back to VFL to work on his midfield game.

I’m a fan of Langers and he’s still a year or two away from his best.