John Worsfold

I agree with this.

2 Likes

Too soon

1 Like

Yes, not sure if they have him an extra year because of what happened last year (can’t remember it happening anyway)

Are we the only club Blake hasn’t coached at?

No, 3.
The other 3 couldnt care less because they are getting new Jackets, new Rossignol 88s and a good supply of Beroccas for Queens Birthday weekend.

Berocca? Ugh. How dreadfully common.

Surely one knows the only apre-ski routine worth a damn is to take the water at Lordes.

2 Likes

People on here who want coaches to throw players all over the place on games like the weekend have rocks in there head. Our ball use and tackling, clearly let us down. Plus we are a team trying to gel so structure stability is very important at the moment. Swinging players all over place would have made no difference, and just set the team further back in there development.

The team structure and game plan does work, but its up to the players to pull it off. People put to much blame on coaches and not enough on the players. The coach can only do so much.

Same goes for those wanting to make 3 plus changes every week, it simply will not work.

7 Likes

Here’s the thing. The VFL side went down in an eerily similar fashion to a side they should have flogged.

I am not sure what went on last week at the club, but something happened that didn’t work. It may very well be as simple as the bug Leuey missed with. Maybe they just got ahead of themselves / over-confident. Maybe they over-trained.

I don’t know the reason (if there even is one), but when a vast majority of the squad seem to be “off”, then it does tend to be the coaches that get the blame as opposed to an individual player.

1 Like

The coach doesn’t tell them to turn the footy over 70 times. He’d have been tearing his hair out in the box on Saturday night, how can you successfully implement a game plan if you keep giving the footy back to the opposition? So many times about 70m from the Richmond goal, which then means repeat D50 entries, and we let in 71. I was very disappinted that we blew a chance to get 3 wins on the bounce, be 6-4 and inside the 8. He didn’t do too much glaringly wrong in terms of selection. We’d come off 2 great wins, had Leuey been fit that would’ve been an unchanged line-up yet again, which nobody could argue with. Saturday night is on the players, not Woosha. And they are the ones that need to respond against GWS.

2 Likes

Why is it when we win, it’s the player’s doing, but when we lose it’s the coach’s fault?

Hope Woosha tells the club he’s lost his passion. The man can’t coach.

Unfair. A lot were bowing down to the shrine of Woosha over the past couple of weeks when we were winning.

When you beat a couple of top 4ish sides in a couple of weeks you deserve some love, and he got it.

Yeah-nah.
‘You can’t move Hooker like you want, it’ll confuse him!’
‘Woosha moved Hooker back in redtime! Genius!’
‘You can’t have three tall forwards, you’re an idiot.’
'Woosha brought Stewart in and it straightened us up! Genius!
‘Playing Tippa deep forward is fine! He’ll grow into it.’
‘Tippa running through the midfield and breaking the lines! Like he did last year! Genius! And you said he couldn’t play forward!’
‘Colyer’s doing an excellent job…’

Uh-huh.

Yeah and how tiring must it be to be running forward when we have the ball only to then have to turn around and sprint the other way when one of your team-mates coughs the ball up. No wonder we look so tired in last quarters.

Really it was a poor standard game from both teams.

One could not kick straight at goal but could hit targets, the other kicked straight at goal but could not hit targets. If either side had fixed their problem the difference would have been 6+ goals.

Both sides should have got around 50 I50s, but Richmond had 20 more and only kicked 1 more goals. People reckon thats good?

Its was no great win for Richmond, and a disappointing lost for us, but not a disaster considering how badly we played.

I am sure Woosha will keep his head and not over-react to that game but that game will be valuable learning to deal with high pressure from our future opponents.

1 Like

Better be ■■■■■■■ livid over 4 tackles i50 to 22 last week.

Nice selective quoting - you’re good at that.
Munnas point was that to make changes in a measured and strategic way is a sign of good coaching.
None of your points actually argue against that.
It’s jist that you don’t make them all at once, then try another half dozen different things the next week.
Assess which changes and tweaks work, which don’t
Try some more based on evidence and a plan.
Not cause you’re p$$$$ed of and probably p$$$$ed after one game

Ha.

There inlies the true fact of it all, that alot of people, esp richmond people don’t’ get.
6 goals in the first qtr even with a 10 odd min gap in there were skills turned to ■■■■, they still managed to kick said 6 goals for a qtr.

You don’t make as many mistakes as we did, and hardwick and his tactics are irrelevant.

That being said, the only thing I’d say is worsfold issue with saturday nights game is, alot of essendon people could see it would be a danger game. I’d said constantly this is not a team/club that can’t allow it’s players to self manage their own prep for games.
IMO any coach of ours should have been right up every players ■■■■ making sure none of them got carried away with TWO pissy wins (albeit good wins in isolation), that the same intensity and effort was required.

He may well have done that, and if he did then certain senior players should be dropped this week for not adhering to it. If he didn’t then he still has alot to learn about how this group operate, because they are essentially like school children and need constant reminding of what needs to be done.

Hurley said pre game that the playing group is fully aware that the club has always got ahead of it’s self after a few good wins & traditionally drops games it shouldn’t,

It’s not he may well have done that, he did it, no questions asked.[quote=“darkknightpheonix, post:3039, topic:2976”]
He may well have done that
[/quote]
The playing group didn’t respond