John Worsfold

Funny about that, it sounds like the same stuff that was said about James Hird not being able to coach. You are saying its the players being unable to maintain the game plan atm. H’mmm! Its obviously not something new it seems.

1 Like

fixed

1 Like

Lol.

Yeah. Still drunk after three days.
Nice post.

Yes, its the same thing said about a lot of coaches. People are very quick to blame the coach when he is only part of the equation. I wish Hird was still coach, he never got the chance to show what he was capable of. I know many disagree. Woosha has always seemed cold and not passionate to me. But that is probably just the way he is in front of the camera, which is also probably a smart thing.

Every team in the AFL is trying to play more aggressive attacking footy. Which is a good thing for us as viewers watching the game. But we are going to see teams up and down more then ever throughout the season. It very difficult to maintain this style of play week on end. If the team has an off day you can look terrible. If the team is a little flat they look horrible.

We are seeing this with every team this year, including those at the top of the ladder. I think its due to these attacking gameplans that are all the rage at the moment.

Having the best fitness and recovery staff in the business seems more important then ever. We looked a couple of percent off on the weekend, our hard physical edge wasn’t there from the previous weeks, and we where missing targets we had been hitting. We are certainly not the only team to be struggling with these issues this season.

1 Like

It’s always easier to simplify things and point in one direction.

2 Likes

Totally.Their music has simplified millions.

2 Likes

Is your mother’s name Lyn?

If there’s one person that hasn’t gotten ahead of himself when we have played well and then too far behind when we have lost it is Woosh. I have never seen him have over the top emotions at any point. I think he has a plan and the team is getting there.

The real test comes after the bye once he has an idea of what the side can do, which he now has a fair idea off. He probably has the team making finals next year and he has some tough decisions to make at the end of the year.
There will be a fair bit of turn over year end and he has to work out who plays and who doesn’t while incorporating the game plan, development and farewell games.

I believe in him taking us to #17.

12 Likes

I reckon we’ll finish higher than that.

14 Likes

Apparently David Parkin has been farming himself as something of a coaching/leadership consultant. Chatting with Worsfold this morning about a player he’s having trouble with… Let’s all speculate about who that might be and what it means for their future.

Trouble keeping Dusty outta jail

That Andrew McGrath is a trouble maker

4 Likes

Probably just about Conor and how to understand what the fock he’s saying.

3 Likes

Imagine what Woosh could’ve done with Kyle Reimers

3 Likes

I still go back and watch kyle reimo judd.

2 Likes

Oh no… just saw a clip of Worsfold doing the upside down phone trick… halftime goofy segment of hawthorn match.

I think if the AFL want more of a spectacle for the viewers and sponsors, they need to consider a bigger number of players on hand for every club to cover all the injuries. Say 50 players. Could be more rookies? That way ALL clubs would have access to substitutes in the event a maximum injuries. How many players do GWS have to choose from atm? How many clubs atm have a lot of injuries?

Let’s be inclusive instead of just throwing the word around. It would benefit every team. As the game gets faster and faster and it has been going that way, players are more prone to making mistakes as they get tired, causing an injury to themselves or someone else. It is a demanding and brutal game and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. And there is more scrutiny on the players than ever before. Thank the media and WADA for that. Never before have there been so much expectation on players , coaches and staff.

Where the group of faceless people at the AFL who make all the rule changes, how about looking into making some that benefit every club, its coaches and its players. It is not an even playing field for all as the game gets tougher.

1 Like

Get the feeling Llyod is not much of a fan of Worsfold think’s he’s coached poorly in losses ie the Carlton game and not tagging Kelly also thinks the team has under performed which I agree with.

1 Like

aimed moreso at lloyd, but who exactly did we have in the team on the weekend who could tag, let alone tag kelly in that form ?

Not necessarily on gameday, altho i think he does need some work, I agree to a degree that he’s coached poorly.

Still think he can see what is happening and going wrong, just at present I don’t think he is taking all the steps he needs to, to rectify some of the things that keeping happening that go wrong.

Simplest way to describe it or using an analogy. If beveridge coached us, and the games like carlton, collingwood, melbourne and richmond happened, the players who didn’t perform to his instruction would not be playing the following week.

atm he is picking and choosing who he sends back to the ressies to work on things, and essentially playing favourites very rarely works.

gameday coaching well players hit their targets more often, work harder etc and we could have won richmond and gws games and then worsfold looks like a genius. Very fine line.

so has he underperformed, IMO in some areas yes, gameday coaching isn’t really that big of an issue yet imo.

Hate that Llyod prick. Been giving Lloydy a bad reputation for years.

2 Likes