John Worsfold

I will venture in there tonight with my apology

3 Likes

ha.

You might say ha, and the interview was mangled apparently, but I still reckon that we’ll see Francis used as an impact mid a la Roughhead by 2020. That’s where Francis would like to play, he is getting bursts there in the twos.
I’ll apologise in 2021 if I’m wrong

Not regularly he won’t.
That’s not even currently in the plan for him.
Although it is definitely an interesting occasional option.

Anyone got the stats on our first quarters this year? I reckon we’ve won at least 8 and our % would be through the roof for Q1 (I do recall Adelaide pounding us though).
This was definitely a surprise seeing as we were cautious about our stamina and that could have translated into slow starts.
Also this is a testament to Woosha and his staff for getting us pumped up for the opening bounce.
We changed our warmup too, surely they will stick with it?

Only lost 2 1st Qtrs. +117 points for the year. 152%.

5 Likes

I hope people don’t turn on him on what is the Essendon supporter pendulum of craziness when we next lose.

1 Like

They will.

I think you underestimate the power of the Port cheer squad.

1 Like

Leaving aside those who view any sort of criticism as ‘OMY* WHY DO YOU HATE WOOSHA?!?1’

We do play Brisbane at home in a few weeks…

*filter hates oh my gosh, changed it to something more traditional

3 Likes

How’s your…erm…pendulum swinging @wimmera1 ?

We have hit the bye and we are just in the 8 which I guess is a pass.

Players have been rested and others developed and we have had relatively few injuries.

Hooker and Daniher up fwd has been shown to work, McKenna has been unearthed, and we have experimented with our midfield and fwd lines significantly, while keeping the game plan relatively simple and stuck with it.

% is about right for where we are on the ladder.

I dunno, seems like he has done okay, he has definitely had his hands tied with guys like Jobe taking a while to find their feet, but we seem well poised for the 2nd half, endurance has improved and we have senior guys on standby and youth to inject should the need arise.

Looking ahead I’d say 5 more wins would be disappointing, 6 ok and 7 very good with what the list has shown, and so in thinking that, it’s important that we have a good look at our list to see what we need to do to take us to the next level next year.

Given that we haven’t been terrible, it’s interesting that Woosha has kind of promised better things in the 2nd half

3 Likes

I’d mark the last two games as excellent.
I’d mark the season as average.

won round 1

won anzac day

Have every team in the league intimidated by our forwardline by the bye

B+

3 Likes

Broke hawthorn
Broke WC
TBC on if we just broke Port

That feels good.

We broke the pies

Lost to Carlton in the wet which was just a ■■■■■ game.

Melbourne we just kicked terribly and Joe D missed plenty.

Adelaide were flyin.

GWS we were right in it.

Tigers are up there, and if anything, showed we struggle when the corridor is blocked up.

Freo we were cooked after half time.

Wins against Hawks/Btis we see now to be expected.

Pies are very competitive so good win.

WCE/cats/Port/ great wins—this is what builds real hope.

A win in SYDNEY is the wave we need to catch to really take us forward.

Massive,Massive game.

5 Likes

Mini final

8 point game

2 Likes

Not really, but it’s a win we will need to stay in the eight, along with the high chance that we will have to play a final interstate if we make it.

The swans have won four out of the last five which is a form line we can only dream of, and there’s no doubt they will be dislodging a team from the eight before too long.

If we can win this then it’s a great indication we are on track to win a final, and it will see us entrenched in the eight and see if we can deal with the associated pressure and expectation, along with being hunted.