John Worsfold

All of that, and you still only named one source.
Well um I’ve heard commentatos say such and such about us.
I’ve heard from their under 12’s coach they were happy to just be out there
My sources say … i’m guessing you’re a journalist by profession, that or in PR, cos you said a whole heap of nothing, and claimed it backed up your point.

I didn’t bother expressing what some of us already see, cos it’s around this site ad nausea, there was no point going over it yet again.

my reptile brain may be over stimulated, but at least It can think for itself, and like i said, not just regurgitate what others say, and assume it’s right.

I sound just like woosha after 3-4 pints on a Friday arvo. The words just don’t come out properly.

I know he needs to keep positive, but seriously woosha we have heard it all before. List needs an overhaul. He needs to be as ruthless as a coach as he was as a player!

1 Like

Of course that would be what is happening.

But AFL is a dynamic fluid fast changing game. You can pull the odd player positioning move (put Hooker back or put Fanta to half back to create some run and carry) from the box but a lot of what you have to deal with in terms of what is changing or out of sync “on the ground during a quarter” comes down to the on-field leadership and fair bit of previous experience (hopefully success) with how to deal with it on field as its unfolding.

The good teams have vocal leaderships who coach on field and spark action on field “during the quarter”.

1 Like

Your analogy is silly. These young men have had years of development.

Think of it instead like perhaps the young executive who has work her way to the top and is being mentored by the CEO. She’ll be out of her depth a lot and every time she’ll learn something. Every performance will be reviewed, the good and the bad. Behind the scenes there’s someone holding her hand the entire way but she’ll be expected to work her way through complex situations and show impovement at every stage.

As I’ve said … it’s not a quick process but it is a valuable and proven one.

2 Likes

Of course my analogy was over exaggerated to prove a point.

Some of them have had years of bad development, and 3 different coaches development (4 if you included bomber).
Like I said I personally just think it’s way to much to expect of people, like i said some in un learning bad habits, some not having the necessary skill set yet, and some who just won’t.
I’m all for the tough love approach or sink or swim. However again like i said, think it’s just setting them up to fail.

but eh, again it’s not my coaching career on the line so if it doesn’t work, well then the players aren’t going to be the ones sacked.

After only technically half a year of coaching this side, I doubt his job is on the line.

1 Like

You asked me to justify opinion from other sources
I did
You claimed that’s one source?!!
I asked you to give details or actual arguments to back up your posts about “this mysterious cultural disease afflicting the club” rather than attacking the poster
You didn’t

In the Trump world if you don’t agree with facts or evidence it’s apparently just fake news/ opinion.

I’ll leave you to your tin foil hat.
And continue more enlightening and enjoyable chats about Woosha and the teams future with others, even if I don’t agree with them

How about when he said, “they’ve hit the wall” was that all physical?

When people roll it all up into statements like “15 years of this” - extending 2-3 years before our very oldest player came to the club - then no, clearly they don’t.

I always thought it was pretty obvious 2015, the bans, the topups, Hird leaving, Jobe stepping down was a watershed moment, precipitating a rebuild of sorts.

I love this post! I was feeling the same before Woosha took the reigns. I was imagining at least 5 years before we could even think about a final. There have been some great signs this year and we still aren’t out of it yet. I do know that’s mainly because of the crazy season we’re having. but it’s wonderful to know that we are at least a chance every week and that’s way more than I thought was possible 18 months ago. I really feel like we are going to be okay, we just need to be patient.

7 Likes

Woosha needs to lead and get the Seniors players to standup, the last two weeks just proves they got no farkin idea. Once against sydney was a mistake, twice against lions just shows the players arent clear on the instructions or arent on the same page. This year will be another waste. Which players have we unearthed? Are we gonna get anything more from BJ Zakka etc… no just move them on

If you don’t know the answer to that question then you haven’t been watching this year.

1 Like

The way it’s going, we’ll be heading into the draft with 30 picks. Everyone seems to want everyone gone.

Yep. 15 players, the coaching staff and board.
Then… ahm…they’ll get some more people.

Yeah, it doesn’t go far enough.

If it were me I’d fold the AFL side, create an expansion side (tentatively called the Tullamarine Jets) for the growing northern Melbourne region to train out of the now vacant facilities at Tullamarine, and build a side from GWS-style draft picks and recent cast-offs like Zach Merrett and Joe Daniher to be coached by former GWS coach Kevin Sheedy.

Go Jets!

5 Likes

Johnny and the Jets does have a certain ring to it.

1 Like

I’m seriously questioning Sheedy’s performance coaching the Tully Jets. Since Machina’s post we still haven’t won a final. No improvement from the youngsters in over 2hrs. Game has passed Sheeds by.

7 Likes

Your kidding right i have been watching and the last two weeks just shows we have a long way to go. We had just about our strongest team against the lions and couldnt win

Where was JoeDan into the ruck in the last?

That’s two games TBC has lost us in the last qtr because he likes money and cinos a lot but the club not as much.

We deserve a footballer in those last qtr’s who is smart and spirited enough to put in a real effort.

also

WHY AFTER WE GAVE UP A GAME TO GOALS FROM BALLS UP AND THROW INS IN OUR FIFTY DO WE NOT HAVE ANY SORT OF STRATEGY TO STOP THAT?

also their last goal

not a single player went up to spoil or smack that ball 30 metres clear, the only player went up was about 150cm

Bad team, bad coaching, bad decisions. Get’s an F FAIL for the last game, and is slipping from a B+ season to a D very quick

Don’t rate woosh at all as a coach anymore, you don’t lose to the bottom team like that, not even an avg coach would

3 Likes