John Worsfold

If he doesn’t show signs of being able to rectify the clubs culture, I give him the rest of this year and 2 years, before the calls for his job are overwhelming, both by supporters and the media.
Like it or not, it’ll most likely be the case.

Also you can claim he’s only had this side for 6 months, however a fair chunk of the side, roughly 2/3 of this side that played on sunday, he coached last year. Most are still young and developing, and they have pretty much followed the same pattern and process that the EFC has followed for the last decade and beyond.

so you can try and hide behind any excuse you like, it didn’t work with Sheedy, it didn’t work with Hird, it won’t work now If worsfold doesn’t start to change the course of this club, in the biggest aspects it’s struggled with for recent history, he’ll be gone, sooner rather than later.

but eh, It’s the last i’ll say in response to you, you don’t like me, i don’t like you, you can pretend like what i said won’t come true, but hey like i keep saying, you’ve been claiming i’m wrong for 12 years when I say we aren’t improving, and still look were we are.

1 Like

this thread has jumped the shark and made love to its bloated corpse.

2 Likes

I hate how Worsfold told the players to play differently after the first 10 minutes of the last quarter.

1 Like

I would think that even the most pro-Worsfold supporters would find that pretty reasonable DKP.

2 Likes

Way u/rated post.

Fk I laughed.

Get him back

1 Like

…and it worked for Fark Carlton in the 1970 GF

But the players said they had learned their lesson from the week before.

I didn’t think the players went into survival mode. At the ground I was shocked at how casual they all seemed! Usually when games get tight there’s a rise in intensity. To me, it felt like, even with Brisbane pressing, it was a practice match in late Feb. They were either out of gas or couldn’t give a ■■■■ or just thought it was all going to work out (without having to put in the work).

They were naive then, and that’s a lesson in itself

2 years? No, i think a poor 2018 would see him really copping it.

I listened to an interview by Nick Daffy the other day basically saying he had 7 coaches or something ridiculous across his career and how challenging that was. Watson has had 6.

It’s an interesting point, but to be fair, Nick Daffy finds lace up shoes challenging.

2 Likes

Nick Daffy?

Now I’m getting all nostalgic for the 90’s.

Like set shots that go through for goal from outside fifty. Lloyd, Lucas’s and a Left boot.

1 Like

Laffey, Daffy and Chaffey.

Barassi coached that side.

Yep, and he when off at them like an angry dog with rabies. They went on and won the premiership from 44 points down at half time.

It’s a bit misleading to include Egan in there (and curiously miss Goodwin at the same time)