John Worsfold

Nailed it

Knights had a game plan but not the cattle to execute it. Didn’t work

Hird had a plan and tried to modify the cattle into suiting it. Didn’t work

Woosh is developing a game plan to suit the cattle it seems, it’s a work in progress but he is putting the kids in th best places for them to succeed at the moment, no one can deny that. Raz and Tip forward, Connor as a running half back, McGrath in the wanganeen role, Marty being able to intercept without worrying about locking down a guy.

He is also doing a pretty good job of intergrating the guys comeing back. He is not gifting games and if guys need touch he is sending them back to the 2’s

I like the game plan too, our midfield gets hammered but our rebound is good and our forward line kicks goals and make it very hard for the opposition to get it out most weeks. Sure I haven’t seen a plan B but I have not seen a consonant execution of plan A yet either

The knock on woosha before he came in was his match day tactics, but isn’t it why we got that bloke from the crows? As a leader of men, and as a developer of kids, woohsa is doing a good job.

13 Likes

Yeah, we should just roll over and enjoy the fact we are mediocre, just like richmond supporters instead, that’ll teach them.

If you had close person you loved, who suffered from an alcohol problem, would you “support” them by taking them down the pub everynight ?

Like it or not, some people don’t think he’s doing enough. After the last four years I’d expect no ■■■■■■■ idiot from this supporter base to hide behind “oh the coaches know best” mentality, look were our last ■■■■■■■ coaching panel filled with the “dream team” supposedly, got us !!

and you can keep saying it, but it doesn’t make it actually true, He has been employed as the EFC for 2 years, don’t keep making excuses like you lot always do.

EDIT FTR I’m 50 50 of him, so i’m not having a crack at him, just the bullshit justification you’re trying to use there.

Do you think we have the players to be a top 4 side this year?

I don’t, I think finding 8th is about as good as we can expect from our list right now where they are at in their respective careers

3 Likes

Yep.8th maybe is spot on.

Get it right / has been employed by EFC for less than 2 years

Yep… I thought we could sneak into the eight. On our day we can beat anyone, so from there who knows. Lotta teams in that position this year.

Yes I do think they could have been top 4 this year, on talent.

mentally though, they aren’t a top 4 side, cos they don’t turn up and play consistently every week,that’s been an issue for how many years ?

Hence you can have the best, talented list ever, but if they don’t turn up each and every week, they are just an empty promise.

so far Worsfold has shown no signs in really having fixed anything Knights got sacked for, ditto hird.
We just kick a bigger score every second odd week cos we simply have better players around the joint than we did back then.

Indeed and our future is in the development of our younger players

lol

Actually you’re right.
looking at the stats
in
2008 we had 10 100 plus points scored in a game
ditto 2009
ditto 2011
ditto 2012
had 9 in 2013

so really worsfold hasn’t really improved the side in any new meaningfull ways, other than improving our scoring ability from 2015 and 16, which we all know what it was hard in those years… thanks for clearing that up IT.

1 Like

lol

Wombat

lol emu.

Thankfully someone has summed this up perfectly

2 Likes

Technically O’Donnell Never got credited for that one, because Sheeds was at the back of the box, high on painkillers, talking nonsense.

Technically O’Donnell Never got credited for that one, because Sheeds was at the back of the box, high on painkillers, talking nonsense.

Sheeds was only talking nonsense once?

2 Likes

I do remember someone joking that he was making more sense than usual that week.

He actually showed some emotion when Hurls kicked the ball out on the full during the third quarter on Saturday . I was as surprised as anyone! :wink:

Last week couldn’t coach, this week is a master coach.

Lots can happen in a week on BLITZ.

1 Like