John Worsfold

I see it as the opposite, actually.
It is very heavy on the responsibility and accountability of the playing group. It is to turn them into a dynamic and successful team, rather than a kind of machine - which also works, if you have that type of personnel. Part of the coaching staffs’ job is to identify what is most likely to work with a particular player and playing group.

2 Likes

I think it was Parkin at Carlton who introduced a specific role for assistant coaches in game day strategy/ tactics. But for that you need effective assistant coaches. McKenna did not seem up to the job.

And was moved on.

Channel 7 is doing a story on 6pm news this evening re Woosha, should be on shortly.

His family has moved back to Perth apparently.

Eh? Really?

That can’t be good…

Good.

No pesky wife or kids to distract him.

5 Likes

They’ve moved in with Diggers

4 Likes

The cult of serena is expanding.

1 Like

Reckon he’s gone unfortanley,

There is no chance he will commute back and forth to Perth after long term

Where did you hear this?

Wasn’t there a vibe here from someone they heard this was the case (family wanted to go home)?

C7 news

Tom Browne reported it.

Oh, … well …

Tom browne’s always on the money. YIKES

Gets to go home with a flag, not so bad :wink:

2 Likes

Yep espically when it comes to Essendon.

Caracella 2018.

6 Likes

A premiership player with Essendon (2000) and the Brisbane Lions (2003), the 40-year-old said he held aspirations to be a senior coach but was taking great joy in his current role.

“I love seeing the development and helping players individually get better,” he said.

"But I also love gluing the team together and the strategy of how to beat an opponent.

“I’d like to be a senior coach one day. Whether that happens or not is up to other people.”

The man is ready to coach

3 Likes

He’ll just have to win the premiership this year then before he goes back home and takes over Fremantle.