John Worsfold

Hope the club don’t rush into a contract. This will be a distraction for him. He’s not back Perth yet.

I won’t mind it if we get Caracella!

They’re going for the sauna

Wasn’t there talk he was going to re sign before the season?

Might be absolutely diabolical if Woosha leaves. even if we get Caracella, Wooshas done it all before and seems like hes more than capable of winning us a flag. hoping Paul Little hands him a blank cheque and tells him to fill it out.

Meh… can we actually wait until he does something noteworthy before declaring he is the ‘right man’ for the job… he was tactically beaten (and badly) on multiple occasions last year and our team, even with returning players etc, was good enough to finish higher than we did… and should have done a lot more than be smashed out in the first round after just scraping in.

Woosha may well end up being the right fit… but I’d like to see the club have the courage to actually wait until mid year before putting pen to paper etc. How about we actually show we are moving forward before we land ourselves with another multi million dollar pay out.

9 Likes

the turnaround he has made in his short time at the club has been absolutely outstanding. surely his tactics arent that bad if he was able to make the 8. probably only had 2 or 3 heavy losses for the year. at this point he has done very little wrong.

9 Likes

Find me a team that wasn’t at some stage last year.

2 Likes

I’m finding that I really don’t mind if he stays or goes.

3 Likes

If his family HAVE gone back to Perth, … It would almost confirm that this was always to be his last year, and is why he hasn’t re upped.

He was the man to get us through the hump, and he has a year to maybe get a flag before he hands off.

If that’s the case, I hope he gets it, because o/wise he will certainly regret not being in the chair next year, … and the next, … and maybe even the one after that. I reckon even I could get this team to the GF at least once in the next 3 years.

Perth’s awesome.

You should apply… just remember that premiership coaches have trouble getting their presentations to work, and you should do well.

1 Like

That cheesy Christmas footage was the final straw that broke him. I’d be fleeing back to Perth too after that :rofl:

3 Likes

Alexa, … play Power Point Presentation please …

Alexa …???

1 Like

IMO would be devastating and all but guarantee that we wont obtain any success within the next 4-5 years

5 Likes

We will know soon enough. If he signs a new deal, then obviously his family moving back to Perth isn’t that big a deal for himself or the football club. Browne has said his deal may be extended for another 12 months, taking him to the end of 2019. That might be an each-way bet. or perhaps it may be a handover scenario a’la Roos and Goodwin at Melbourne. It might be that we get in our next coach, be it Caracella or any other highly regarded senior coach in waiting, and have the 12-month handover process in 2019 before they take over from 2020 and beyond. I really hope Worsfold stays in the long term, but if his family situation shifts the goalposts, then what he has done already in getting our club back on track, developing young players and setting up a solid foundation for sustained success, has been remarkable and I would be eternally grateful for the work he has put in.

4 Likes

About the only coaching job that Skipworth hasn’t done.

1 Like

Interesting news. Certainly most men wouldn’t want to live away from their family for any extended period of time, so you would think that maybe a 1 year contract extension at most to snag a premiership (should we not get one this year) would be the best bet before he moves back to Perth. Otherwise I’d say this is his final year with us.

FWIW, I think Caracella would be great – Essendon man, was a a smart footballer, and has come from a serious culture of success with us, Brisbane and now Richmond – and wants to be a head coach.

Just throwing a thought out there, … but how would folk feel if Hirdy has been secretly completing a L4 Coaching course and had the reigns handed back over to him in 2019??

That would make some arseholes heads explode. :smirk:

15 Likes